Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

BigRed

An Open Letter To The Three FBI Agents That Killed LaVoy Finicum In Oregon

BigRed    150

I’ve thought about you. All three of you, with your guns pointed at LaVoy Finicum. The video still haunts me.

I would have been the first one to give you the benefit of the doubt. I was raised around law enforcement. I know good men in law enforcement. But that changed for me, as it did thousands of Americans, with the events that unfurled in Oregon as I felt utterly stunned at what I viewed in that video.

I watched the grainy version of the video that the FBI administration released of LaVoy Finicums death, even though I knew that with our technology today, they have better, more clear footage and footage with audio from this event. But you will not release that, it is too incriminating for the FBI. They did this with purpose to deceive the public and that video would have revealed to the world your actions that day . This footage you did release, left people arguing about what they were seeing in the blurry video rather than to bring their attention to the way that three FBI agents ambushed and murdered an innocent, non-violent rancher with no criminal history. A man with a large family. A good man. A man who never threatened you.

The FBI had clearly set this up in advance with stops prepared and dozens of agents ready to end the protest because four weeks of a land rights issues protest was all the patience they could muster. The protesters had left the ranch many times before and on this day we’re headed for a meeting to inform ranchers of their rights. You knew that. You stopped the two cars and started shooting at LaVoy’s truck full of passengers- unprovoked. They never brandished a weapon against you.

Finicum told you he was driving to the Sheriffs office for protection from you. The only place he felt safe. You fired on his vehicle. You could have just followed him if you had ever intended to have a peaceful outcome. But that was never your intention. Finicum knew why the local law enforcement wasn’t invited to this event- why the local Sheriff was intentionally kept at bay- Finicum feared what you would do to him with no local oversight. The Sheriff of Grant County, just over the county line where you ambushed him, valued Constitutional rights and Finicum knew the Sheriff would never approve of an ambush on the highway and and execution of a protester.

A tax-paying citizen who loved America could not trust you and fled for his life because he knew you could murder him and get away with it. Let that sink in.

When Finicum got out of his vehicle with his hands up, within seconds you gathered around him and shot him in the back.

You shot him him in the back.

http://right.is/politics/2016/03/an-open-letter-to-the-three-fbi-agents-that-killed-lavoy-finicum-in-oregon-54613.html

Malevolent    2,906

Who would carry out such a cowardly deed? Who would follow orders to shoot a rancher with his hands up and shoot him in the back seconds after getting out of his vehicle? The three of you would do this. What were you thinking? How do you reconcile this in your head and in your heart?

Just imagine what would have happened had  LaVoy Finicum been black! 

Lucy Barnable    5,365
11 hours ago, FalkeAuge said:

Just imagine what would have happened had  LaVoy Finicum been black! 

If he were black he might still be alive.

African Americans are less likely to be shot by police than European Americans.