2many secrets

Least livable: 50 worst US cities to reside in

Note: #1  Detroit. A friends dad was a Detroit cop, and a truly F'd Up human being. If not in the US, name your city.

Least livable: 50 worst US cities to reside in

Samuel Stebbins and Evan Comen, 24/7 Wall Street Published 7:53 a.m. ET June 13, 2018 | Updated 7:36 p.m. ET June 13, 2018

USA TODAY |

1 of 51

50 worst cities to live in

Where Americans live can have a considerable impact on their quality of life. In some U.S. cities, everyday comfort and happiness is much harder to attain than in others.

Quality of life is subjective, and difficult to measure. Still, there is a wide range of quantifiable factors that can impact quality of life in a given area. Affordability, safety, job market strength, quality of education, infrastructure, average commute times, air quality, and the presence of cultural attractions are just a few examples of factors that can influence overall quality of life.

24/7 Wall St. created an index with measures in eight categories -- crime, economy, education, environment, health, housing, infrastructure, and leisure -- to identify the 50 worst cities to live in. Not confined to a single region, the worst cities span the country from the South to the Midwest and from New England to the Pacific coast.

List at the link

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2018/06/13/50-worst-cities-to-live-in/35909271/

No more cities for me! They All suck. 

I liked NY but not to live in, just to visit. At least it worked for the most part, and it made sence.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Picklesnout said:

I liked NY but not to live in, just to visit. At least it worked for the most part, and it made sence.

It would be interesting to know the politics of those running the 50 cities.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, 2many secrets said:

Most of them are probably Democrat run as per usual. Then add in lots of poorly educated low skilled mass migration from third world shit holes and viola your new imported shit hole. Democrats are for diversity of crap. Your criminals are not diversely ugly and violent enough import some more is the Democrat motto. MS-13 anyone

Edited by Coventina

9 hours ago, 2many secrets said:

Alb. NM just elected a new mayor and got rid of the old demoncrapper, then new mayor is more GOP and he is shaking up the city  big time!! so far he is doing good needed things, where the old mayor was only doing stupid CRAP!! and letting the city go down hill!!

11 hours ago, Picklesnout said:

There was a series of photographs taken in the late 70's that compared satellite images of cities to cancer in the body. They were allmost identical.

No more cities for me.

12 hours ago, 2many secrets said:

I currently live in #8 and all our city council gets elected by claiming to be republicans, but they aren't for less government or lower taxes. 

I honestly have to wonder if this study can be believed. Poverty is rampant in Springfield and crime is worse than I would like. But there's no way we're worse than Baltimore. 

I mean I park my work van in my driveway every night,  there's over $30k in tools in it at any given time and I've never had a problem. And I certainly don't live in an elite neighborhood. I see police officers on my street less than once a month.

Me and the wife will be leaving Springfield as soon as we can, but that's mostly because the roads suck, traffic is horrific and taxes only ever go up...I don't think you can trust this list

I just did a quick check and now I'm positive this list is useless.

Springfield Missouri had 8 homicides in 2016 and 17 in 2017...

This old story gives the reason why...

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2017/03/19/fact-check-springfield-11th-most-dangerous-city-country/98953036/

Notice in the story, that reporting crimes is voluntary, so you can't really draw any conclusions from the crime numbers

So glad I left Miami when I did. It's gotten way to expensive now and liberals have taken over. Hell my old apartment that I used to pay $1000 a month for is now just 5 years later $1750 a month. Wtf, it was only a one bedroom. That's friggin crazy!

8 hours ago, Coventina said:

Most of them are probably Democrat run as per usual. Then add in lots of poorly educated low skilled mass migration from third world shit holes and viola your new imported shit hole. Democrats are for diversity of crap. Your criminals are not diversely ugly and violent enough import some more is the Democrat motto. MS-13 anyone

Was just gonna say it. Most of those cities are demoncrat ran crap holes. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.