Qronos16

Yellowstone's Steamboat Geyser Just Erupted For a 9th Time

Yellowstone National Park's Steamboat Geyser is the region's largest and up until 2018, it's also erupted quite infrequently, often lying quietly for years. But over the past few months, it has sprung to life and now seems to be erupting somewhat on a schedule, at least for the moment.
Just after 1 a.m. Monday it sent boiling water hundreds of feet into the air for the ninth time this year. Before this recent string of eruptions, Steamboat had been dormant since 2014.
**Learn More**
Unusual Eruptions At Yellowstone’s Largest Active Geyser Steamboat Baffles Scientists :

It seems exciting times are ahead if Yellowstone gets truly active. We'll see, I'm not betting the farm on it.

FrogKing

Regardless  if Yellowstone  erupts.... We are heading  into a New Ice Age Cycle  and this  will  bring  the Fall  of the Dark Empire rule of Earth.Enjoy.

True story

I live in the region and I was in the parking lot (dang it) when the spring of 2002 eruption happened. It was so big it was over the tree line you could see it in the Norris Basin parking lot. People were all so excited and I was like ohh something exciting just happened but alas I am always missing out on the good stuff. Oddly enough and to this day I wonder about this.. There was a foreign reporter there reporting. I know that does not seem possible but I think she and her camera crew just missed it as well.

Anyways I live in the region not all that far and if I hear any fun rumors of doom I will share it here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Xavier said:

It seems exciting times are ahead if Yellowstone gets truly active. We'll see, I'm not betting the farm on it.

Thing is... there is always something bubbling/uplifting/bulging or smelling like sulfur, so it's hard to say. The place is crazy cool and hard to wrap your brain around because of the size. It takes a long time to drive across the crater.

Cool exciting crazy place to visit is Quake Lake just outside the park. It is so sobering all of the people that died there. Most people don't go over there but if you visit you should stop and see what the Earth is capable of it is just crazy amazing and the monument is touching and the scenery is breath taking.

Edited by Amanda Lee
  • Haha 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.