Uncle Thanky

Musk to fire 9% of staff in ‘difficult reorganization’ of perpetually unprofitable Tesla

"In an effort to try and hit production targets and probably even make the first profit in Tesla’s 15-year history, Elon Musk has announced a major round of layoffs, that will affect nine percent of the company’s 37,000 employees.

“As part of this effort, and the need to reduce costs and become profitable, we have made the difficult decision to let go of approximately 9% of our colleagues across the company,” Tesla CEO Elon Musk wrote in an email to staff on Tuesday.

While Musk – who himself has been criticized by some fellow shareholders for his unfulfilled commitments and questionable claims and has even been sued and urged to quit – has failed to specify which sector of personnel is being let go, the CEO did note that the layoffs within the company would deal with “management structure.” "

Source

“Given that Tesla has never made an annual profit in the almost 15 years since we have existed, profit is obviously not what motivates us,” Musk wrote in an email that would certainly upset investors even further. Instead, he claimed, the company’s ultimate mission is to “accelerate the world transition to sustainable, clean energy,” admitting, however, that “we will never achieve that mission unless we eventually demonstrate that we can be sustainably profitable.”

Don't You just Love the smell of "Snake Oil" in the AM.:gsbrnint:

:rofl:

Love,
@Uncle Thanky

I was trying to read a novel once that was written by a man with a Middle Eastern sounding name. It was about America-namely, the North and the South-after the governments of the world declared it illegal to use gasoline or petroleum products. The South refused to go along with the demand and Civil War broke out. Of course, people were living in 3rd world type circumstances in the Southern part of the US and the Northerners were being real b*st*rds to anyone who tried to immigrate North. It was really depressing, but I would like to tell you that with all this talk about stopping using fossil fuels that has been bandied about recently, I have begun to wonder if that novel wasn't prophetic. 

The below link is to the book that I was talking about. It's pretty depressing. 

https://www.amazon.com/American-War-Omar-El-Akkad/dp/0451493583

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.