Lamb93

The sponges that are the innocent - both for good and evil

I teach piano to a couple of eager kids in the village for free in my spare time.  They are both seven and have only been learning for six months.  They are like sponges.  They can read music, know many of their scales and can play with both hands.  When I die, my ability to play the piano dies with me.  I believe in passing on what I know to future generations.  Why should I be selfish and keep it to myself or charge for it?

It got me thinking that, if they can absorb the innocence of music like this, they can equally absorb evil.  In a world of war and violence, just how much of that are they absorbing also?

If we want global peace, we need to lead by example.

This is Eva.  

1 hour ago, Lamb93 said:

It got me thinking that, if they can absorb the innocence of music like this, they can equally absorb evil.

A sad truth and fact in today's society where the cookies on the dark-side look much nicer///

1 hour ago, Malevolent said:

A sad truth and fact in today's society where the cookies on the dark-side look much nicer///

So how do we change that?  A passive observation is one thing.  An active deed is another.  I prefer the latter.

9 minutes ago, Lamb93 said:

So how do we change that?  A passive observation is one thing.  An active deed is another.  I prefer the latter.

I do my bit in my country and in my community, I am satisfied with the knowledge that I make a difference.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Malevolent said:

I do my bit in my country and in my community, I am satisfied with the knowledge that I make a difference.

Ah.  You answer the question in Psalm 2:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.