Johnny Appleseed

High Tech, Open Source Gardening without ‘BigAgro’

Posted (edited)

The Farmbot is an automated robotic machine that tends to all the basic functions of growing stuff: ie soil analysis, planting layout, sowing seeds, watering, weeding and feeding.   ...robotic technology that takes the daily maintenance work out of tending a garden.

Review continues with a video here:

https://saker.community/2018/05/21/high-tech-open-source-and-now-everyone-can-garden-without-bigagro/view continues here with a video.

It's all open source if you want to steal ideas or build your own. No doubt they have a web site somewhere.

Great gift for grandma and grandpa - would blow their minds and be a great centerpiece for family or neighborhood BBQs. :)

(I have no connection at all with this company or its people, I just think it interesting.)

Edited by Johnny Appleseed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Appleseed said:

Wow, post got its first like before I finished editing my mess! Thanks!

I live in the high desert and am getting overwhelmed trying to figure how to grow stuff. I could use this bot for help.

$4,000 dollars?  ummm...no thanks.  I made a raised garden bed out of pine wood  8' long x 4' wide 3' high, cost $238.00.  Bought the raised bed garden soil for $7.99 a bag x 12 bags = $96.00.  6 tomato plants $3.48 each, 6 pepper plants $4.39 each, 4 strawberry plants $2.39 each.  for a grand total of $56.78 dollars.  So my entire garden has cost me: $390.78

So far I have harvested 40lbs of tomatoes, 25lbs of peppers, 2 strawberries.

• Like 1

ima nasty thingy.

the "grow your own greens" guy on YouTube says getting a dozen or so different kinds of plant soil/ mineralization type foods is a good thing. so basically get 8 to 12 different kinds of those big bags of dirt/ground up rocks.

& im curious to know if the soil booster from youngevity is good/ worth it?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.