Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Picklesnout

A twist on the meaning of immigrants?

Recommended Posts

http://fox4kc.com/2018/06/11/owner-speaks-out-after-brownes-irish-marketplace-vandalized-with-immigrants-not-welcome/

::snip::

“I felt like it was very direct," McClain said. "I can’t imagine, I mean, why? My wife’s grandfather and great grandfather were both immigrants.”

::

To me, this feels like the left trying to manipulate verbiage. We all very well know that the issue is not folks who come in and play nice with everyone, and become a vital, contributing part of the community. The issue is folks that come in and try to murder the existing population. They are trying to use that umbrella, daring us to come up with a new word or definition they can condemn as racist or separatist.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Picklesnout said:

daring us to come up with a new word or definition they can condemn as racist or separatist.

All without mentioning the only distinction that should matter.

Legal or Illegal ?

That is the Question!

Love,
@Uncle Thanky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Full Throttle said:

Immigration today is not the same thing as it was in days gone by, neither are the immigrants.

Immigration has turned into a kind of Orwellian doublespeak. It would be more appropriate to talk about refugees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, roamer said:

Immigration has turned into a kind of Orwellian doublespeak. It would be more appropriate to talk about refugees.

I disagree,

 

A large number are not seeking refuge they are seeking a better life for themselves, they are economic migrants and should be classified as such.

 

I have nothing against anyone wanting to better their lot and move somewhere they can become something more but a lot of them want to be given things not earn them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Picklesnout said:

http://fox4kc.com/2018/06/11/owner-speaks-out-after-brownes-irish-marketplace-vandalized-with-immigrants-not-welcome/

::snip::

“I felt like it was very direct," McClain said. "I can’t imagine, I mean, why? My wife’s grandfather and great grandfather were both immigrants.”

::

To me, this feels like the left trying to manipulate verbiage. We all very well know that the issue is not folks who come in and play nice with everyone, and become a vital, contributing part of the community. The issue is folks that come in and try to murder the existing population. They are trying to use that umbrella, daring us to come up with a new word or definition they can condemn as racist or separatist.

toxic immigrants comes to mind. I know what you mean though. They are invaders but that is no copacetic to say 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Uncle Thanky said:

All without mentioning the only distinction that should matter.

Legal or Illegal ?

That is the Question!

Love,
@Uncle Thanky

getting right to the point is out of the question today

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Full Throttle said:

Immigration today is not the same thing as it was in days gone by, neither are the immigrants.

:clap1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, who knows said:

getting right to the point is out of the question today

Yet it needs to be done!

Time is Short!

Stop the foolishness and the vain imaginings and "Let's get this mess cleaned up!"

Love,
@Uncle Thanky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lansdren said:

I disagree, 

It comes down on semantics, see below ...

5 hours ago, Lansdren said:

A large number are not seeking refuge they are seeking a better life for themselves, they are economic migrants and should be classified as such. 

I agree, but I would like to add: many of them despise the culture of their country of immigration.

5 hours ago, Lansdren said:

but a lot of them want to be given things not earn them. 

That's the reason why I prefer to call them refugees instead of immigrants. Their motivation is clearly different from all those American immigrants who came into the U.S. to earn money with hard work.

You emphasized the common element -- the economic reasons behind migration.

I emphasized the difference in attitude. That's why I think it comes down on semantics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roamer said:

It comes down on semantics, see below ...

I agree, but I would like to add: many of them despise the culture of their country of immigration.

That's the reason why I prefer to call them refugees instead of immigrants. Their motivation is clearly different from all those American immigrants who came into the U.S. to earn money with hard work.

You emphasized the common element -- the economic reasons behind migration.

I emphasized the difference in attitude. That's why I think it comes down on semantics.

Nothing wrong with wanting a better life but make no mistake this is an invasion and Mexicans have said we are the invaders and they are here to take it back. Many muslims have said they are here to spread their nonsense. Too me this is a much worse a problem a real disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, who knows said:

Many muslims have said they are here to spread their nonsense. Too me this is a much worse a problem a real disaster. 

They believe that their religion makes them superior. I would call it cultural and religious arrogance of the immigrants.

It is a real disaster. The cultural differences are too great, the willingness of the muslims to adapt is missing, their work skills are missing too, ... The result of these discrepancies is the formation of immigrant ghettos, which is a dangerous development. But I'm sure it was planned in this way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.