Purchase An Ad Slot!
Picklesnout

Is this what God looks like?

33 minutes ago, BacktotheShadows said:

No HE didn't :) The Christian Religion DID :) 

I'm operating under the assumptions that the Bible is inspired by Him and the  descriptions provided in Daniel, Revelation and other  places are true and accurate reflections of the reality  of who God is and what  He looks like.

1 minute ago, Jostler said:

I'm operating under the assumptions that the Bible is inspired by Him and the  descriptions provided in Daniel, Revelation and other  places are true and accurate reflections of the reality  of who God is and what  He looks like.

I believe that God is a higher being made of all the energy of the universe, he does not take form, nor have a face, nor flesh or bone.  That is what I believe.

1 minute ago, BacktotheShadows said:

I believe that God is a higher being made of all the energy of the universe, he does not take form, nor have a face, nor flesh or bone.  That is what I believe.

and I celebrate your freedom to believe anything you  wish  :)   But your belief is not compatible with what the Bible reveals.  I feel confident He is much more than just a body.  He seems to express Himself in terms of a spirit with a man-like form in Heaven, and He expresses Himself as a flesh and bone man in three dimensions.  How He expresses Himself in other dimensions is not revealed that I know of.  But I do trust His descriptions  of Himself as far as He reveals them.

Your mileage may vary :)

11 minutes ago, Superkicker said:

Ezekiel had visions of God in Ezekiel 1 and it's no wonder "no man can look upon God and live". John in Revelations had almost the exact same experience. Look it up!

Genesis 

Chapter 1 versus 26 Then God said. "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness:  and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air. over the livestock, over all the earth (b) and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Please explain this?  Thank you.  This was before he conjured up the idea of becoming a man and living on earth to spread his word.   So where does the OUR come from? 

Edited by BacktotheShadows

mooddoom

I think looking at God's face, would be something similar to looking at the sun...

16 hours ago, Picklesnout said:

Well, they did a study, and came up with what God looks like. 

I'm sorry, but nope. I am old school, white heaired bearded god, younger dark haired bearded Jesus.

What do y'all think?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5834815/Is-God-looks-like-E-fit-images-reveal-varying-faces-Christian-deity.html

I doubt God would put up with all those pop ups. Daily Mail?

The article is garbage...but the video at the end ... :laughtoomuch: This is YOUR BRAIN...this is YOUR BRAIN on DRUGS...this is YOUR BRAIN on God...

Why do the typical messed up world think that God is in anyhow or form a man?  Sorry...He made us in His image...but He is not a human...so don't try to make Him one...

6 minutes ago, Ukhermit said:

And so the antichrist introduces himself...

I think his revealing must be close.  The forces of confusion are certainly intensifying lately.

2 hours ago, BacktotheShadows said:

Genesis 

Chapter 1 versus 26 Then God said. "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness:  and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air. over the livestock, over all the earth (b) and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Please explain this?  Thank you.  This was before he conjured up the idea of becoming a man and living on earth to spread his word.   So where does the OUR come from? 

There is no exact transliteration for the Hebrew in Greek or Latin, or any other vernacular language.
Hebrew is not constructed in the same way. When it is translated "And God said", that is one word, it
appears over and over again, and it is Noun-Masculine. http://biblehub.com/hebrew/430.htm

Following the same verse, the singular word http://biblehub.com/hebrew/6754.htm
image, translated as "in our image" is also Noun-Masculine. The word for "likeness" is Noun-Feminine.
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/1823.htm Here is another side-by-each comparision: https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/8165/jewish/Chapter-1.htm

Now, the reason why it is given in the plural for translation as it was in the Septuagint, is that the nature of the
phraseology, written in these passages, is in the form of a direct command from God to His angels who did the work.
Here is an explanation of why it is plural. You may disregard or consider the reason why this answer was written,
namely, to admonish the contention that the pluralism is connected to the Holy Trinity (a misunderstanding)
and count as linguistic truth the description of the verses in terms of plural vs. singular elements. God the Creator
is speaking in the Majestic Plural to His angelic court, ministering His commands. A solid article about this:
https://outreachjudaism.org/trinity-genesis/
It is also helpful to remember that Jesus said in Matthew 22:30 when we are in Heaven and all is restored, the carnal man/woman characteristics, caused by the Orginal Sin, will no longer apply and we will be of the angelic image in which we were created. This is one reason why I favor the viewpoint that before the Fall, we were not sexual beings, indeed, we may not have even had the same physical structure as today, as the serpent was changed by the curse, the punishments upon us changed what we WERE, and what we BECAME/GENERATED by reproduction in fallen matter,  right up to now, along with all that surrounds us. Additionally, when Christ said, in another poor translation of the origninal Greek GENEA (this generation shall not pass), He was not speaking of
a generation as we think of one today, that is an entirely new concept of the modern world. He was speaking of the very nature of man, his generating and reproduction, the actual GENERATION (verb) of becoming and dying and becoming and dying, the generation of MAN shall not pass, this race of man, this breed, this condition of life. That Restoration of All Things won't occur until the Parousia, although parts of the Olivet Discourse were fulfilled in those years of the first century.

Edited by Treebeard

4 hours ago, BacktotheShadows said:

Genesis 

Jesus the Son and angels. Not God the totality being. And Jesus didn't come to simply spread the word. He is the Salvation from death if we look up to Him as He died being lifted up; similarly to when Moses lifted up in the desert to save the dying Jews.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.