Picklesnout

Is this what God looks like?

17 minutes ago, BacktotheShadows said:

I believe God is just an entity with no bones and flesh.  Like a ball of energy.  Not like the picture, the picture looks like Brad Pitt. 

Could it not be that in ancient times an elder,y man with a white beard was seen as sincere, wise and respected - God, being what the Bible says is in all probability a shape-shifting entity who can and will appear in any shape or form that suits the time and narrative.  The universe is made up of energy vibrations, does it then not seem logical that God is simply that; vibrating  energy.??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Malevolent said:

Could it not be that in ancient times an elder,y man with a white beard was seen as sincere, wise and respected - God, being what the Bible says is in all probability a shape-shifting entity who can and will appear in any shape or form that suits the time and narrative.  The universe is made up of energy vibrations, does it then not seem logical that God is simply that; vibrating  energy.??

Yes, that is what I was trying to say.  You just said it better.....you...you....better writer!!!!  :) 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BacktotheShadows said:

I believe God is just an entity with no bones and flesh.  Like a ball of energy.  Not like the picture, the picture looks like Brad Pitt. 

He may not always have...but He does now!  :)

Luk 24:39

“Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

30 minutes ago, Malevolent said:

And god spoke the word......

What is a word, is it not a combination of sound?

What is a sound, is it not a vibrating  energy?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jostler said:

I trust He's given us as much of a description as our minds can grasp.  But reading the accounts (including the Moses one you mentioned) of men invited into His  presence, It seems the seething energies His normal environment is bathed in are quite hard on flesh and bone :)

By all accounts that throne room is loud, full of lightnings and thunderings and brighter than normal eyes can take or words can describe.

He's given us clear descriptions indicating  his chosen form is human like, possessed of two arms, two legs, bicameral construction, eyes ears nose mouth...etc.  But beyond that  I doubt there is much we 'know'.

Flesh reactions tend to run toward prostrate paralysis, inability to breathe, speechlessness and generally overwhelmed senses.  Daniel even reported being under the weather for  several weeks after encountering a simple angelic messenger :)

I'm looking  forward to the  new body that can handle the environment :)

Sounds like a confrontation with my mother. :D

• Sad 1

Just now, who knows said:

But God is infinite. How do we put a face on that?

We didn't :)   HE did :)

Just now, who knows said:

Did he need to?

I dunno...but He evidently chose to.

Moosupian

Any static "snapshot" of That which is the state of pure kinetic results in the most flawed possible representation.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.