Purchase An Ad Slot!
Picklesnout

Is this what God looks like?

From the rough computer images, I did not 'see' what many others
did in the clear, final draft.
My conclusion is that God, from our modern perspective, is a metrosexual.
Oh, how times have changed.

9 minutes ago, BadBrad said:

From the rough computer images, I did not 'see' what many others
did in the clear, final draft.
My conclusion is that God, from our modern perspective, is a metrosexual.
Oh, how times have changed.

God however, has not :)    The unmitigated arrogance of thinking to remake God  in their image just boggles my mind, and I'm sure must give God a good chuckle :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

Right? I think God really looks much different than my mind can grasp. Moses got to glimpse, and that was not face on. 

I trust He's given us as much of a description as our minds can grasp.  But reading the accounts (including the Moses one you mentioned) of men invited into His  presence, It seems the seething energies His normal environment is bathed in are quite hard on flesh and bone :)

By all accounts that throne room is loud, full of lightnings and thunderings and brighter than normal eyes can take or words can describe.

He's given us clear descriptions indicating  his chosen form is human like, possessed of two arms, two legs, bicameral construction, eyes ears nose mouth...etc.  But beyond that  I doubt there is much we 'know'.

Flesh reactions tend to run toward prostrate paralysis, inability to breathe, speechlessness and generally overwhelmed senses.  Daniel even reported being under the weather for  several weeks after encountering a simple angelic messenger :)

I'm looking  forward to the  new body that can handle the environment :)

• Like 2

BayouBae
5 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I trust He's given us as much of a description as our minds can grasp.  But reading the accounts (including the Moses one you mentioned) of men invited into His  presence, It seems the seething energies His normal environment is bathed in are quite hard on flesh and bone :)

By all accounts that throne room is loud, full of lightnings and thunderings and brighter than normal eyes can take or words can describe.

He's given us clear descriptions indicating  his chosen form is human like, possessed of two arms, two legs, bicameral construction, eyes ears nose mouth...etc.  But beyond that  I doubt there is much we 'know'.

Flesh reactions tend to run toward prostrate paralysis, inability to breathe, speechlessness and generally overwhelmed senses.  Daniel even reported being under the weather for  several weeks after encountering a simple angelic messenger :)

I'm looking  forward to the  new body that can handle the environment :)

^^^^this

How does one define something that is everywhere and within everything all at once and at the same time?

You cannot!

Jesus said: "Split a piece of wood, I am there. Lift up a rock, you will find me there." Gospel of Thomas saying 77b

Kirlian Photography: http://www.energymedc.com/images/kirlian9.jpg

Just tossing this one out there:
The Burning Bush: https://i.pinimg.com/474x/23/2f/08/232f08212fe3014076e99cda7762b58e--kirlian-photography-paganism.jpg

Just something to ponder.

Edited by Cryptic Mole
  • Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.