Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Alabama and Florida Hit by Floods After Historic Gulf Coast Downpour

2 posts in this topic

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/mobile-alabama-hit-floods-after-historic-gulf-coast-downpour-n434641

Historic rainfall along the Gulf Coast turned roads into canals and parking lots into lakes — and no letup was expected Monday.

Mobile, Alabama, saw its 10th wettest day since records began in 1871, according to Weather Channel lead meteorologist Kevin Roth. The city was drenched by more than 7.5 inches of rain Sunday.

<snip>

Looks like there are tornado warnings in the south for today, too. Hope everyone stays safe!  Getting your house flooded is devastating, everything gets ruined. :(

Yea it's been bad here in the south. Just non stop rain. In my little corner of Louisiana the pearl River is up a few feet and my back yard is under about 4 inches of water right now. Got sandbags on the back of the house in the low spots but so far so good. Too bad the forecast says it's gonna rain the rest of the week. Yesterday the strange thing with the weather is that it was foggy as heck all day, even at lunch time visibility was only about a half mile. If this isn't weather control I don't know what is.