Hazmat

Work for the bees and the trees

Sorry, catchy though no? I like both and we need them both... Where do we start? pesticides and GMO foods, how about my favourite - air pollution! weigh in COP, we can`t/won`t go on without the little ones. Emissions tester here.  

• Like 1

Grow your own food and teach others to do so as well.  Education lays within once you discover the secret health benefits of gardening, and the detrimental effects of mono crops.  It’s the most revolutionary activism you can perform.

• Like 1

We started a few years ago growing a little plot of spuds, peas, carrots, onions and strawberries and planting a few apple trees.  I counted up what we had saved that 1st year and it was about £80. So the next year we dug bigger plots and grew more, made a mini poly tunnel got some bees and added tomatoes, cucumbers and sweetcorn. Weve had lots of setbacks and bees and crops died one year but we carry on. Cant imagine how awful it must have been for pioneers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LuckyBolt said:

Grow your own food and teach others to do so as well.  Education lays within once you discover the secret health benefits of gardening, and the detrimental effects of mono crops.  It’s the most revolutionary activism you can perform.

This! All the way!

And don't make gardening hell for your children. My parents always planted a garden, then I had to water it, hoe it and pick it. Did it mention it was five acres? I was running a freaking truck farm at eight. And we never got to eat any of it. Food is money, not food.

Here in rural, farming Lincolnshire our bee population is booming and there are certainly plenty of trees.  I've just looked at the bush in my front garden.  There must be 20-30 honey bees on it.  Despite the Beast from the East, the crops, while late, are doing well with the warm, wet weather.  It's not all doom and gloom.

• Like 1

Plant trees. When I got my property, there were only 4 trees on it. Now there are 7 in ground and 11 saplings. New trees are not for you, Trees are a gift you give the future. I hope I live long enough to see what these guys will turn out like.

No bees for me, I am a scaredy cat, but I still love them. I plant flowers and they mob  them.

This world is even more beautiful for me, cause I walked on it and cared. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.