Ukshep

I believe we here on this site have the power......

To send out the ripples that can change the world. This tiny corner is more than enough for a factory of love. A factory that produces people who fix each other and the world. Spreading out like a fractal and solving all.

Real change comes from a single action. Fractured Fractals healing. Becoming one again. 

A thought can be infectious. If it's a bad thought. The world descends into chaos. However if that thought is pure and full of beauty and love. Then society could reach a golden age. And peace could reign again.

This is not an impossible task knowing what I know.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Thanky said:

:indeedtealc:

If "WE" don't ...

Who will?

The others... Who are controlling things...With the same!

12 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

The others... Who are controlling things...With the same!

And theirs is a futile effort.

The Lie they spread will evaporate in the dawn.

We can fix only those that want to be fixed.  Until you open your mind you are nothing but a puppet.  I have come to the conclusion that even though I want to change, it does not mean that others want the same.  We must all be on the same wave length in order to achieve what you want to achieve.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

It's certainly a noble undertaking and even a stoic thought, but every utopic society and civilization that has ever attempted this has failed miserably. What makes you think that it would be any different this time? The only true utopic society will be when Jesus Christ returns and sets the example on how it should be done. Mankind is not capable of this because of his ego and which can never be tamed!

Edited by Cryptic Mole

8 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

It's certainly a noble undertaking and even a stoic thought, but every utopic society and civilization that has ever attempted this has failed miserably. What makes you think that it would be any different this time? The only true utopic society will be when Jesus Christ returns and sets the example on how it should be done. Mankind is not capable of this because of his ego and which can never be tamed!

Do we turn away the christ if he comes for not aligning with expectations of a story long told? Serious question!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Do we turn away the christ if he comes for not aligning with expectations of a story long told? Serious question!

My statement has nothing to do with turning away Christ. His system will surely work provided he is the one in control over it. Mankind is not capable of such a system because he fails to understand that in a utopian civilization, utilitarianism is not always a good thing. In the end, men forget the lessons of the past and are doomed to repeat them. Use Rome as just one example. They become socialized dictatorships in the end because of the quest for power caused by one's own ego. Also, high taxation too high for the people to bare.

Edited by Cryptic Mole
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

My statement has nothing to do with turning away Christ. His system will surely work provided he is the one in control over it. Mankind is not capable of such a system because he fails to understand that in a utopian civilization, utilitarianism is not always a good thing. In the end, men forget the lessons of the past and are doomed to repeat them. Use Rome as just one example. They become socialized dictatorships in the end because of the quest for power caused by one's own ego.

I know nothing.

4 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I know nothing.

I'm just saying that its a great idea, but it cannot be done. Show me just one utopic society that has thrived to this day. You cannot for the very same reasons I have stated. All have failed, so today would be no different even with all we know. We have not learned the lessons of the past and we never will either!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ukshep said:

I know nothing.

That was the exact comment made by members of the Know Nothing (political) Party of the mid-1800's in the United States. Maybe we should revive it here at COP. They were not happy about non-native born people here
being able to vote among other things. 

3 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Mankind is not capable of such a system because he fails to understand that in a utopian civilization, utilitarianism is not always a good thing. In the end, men forget the lessons of the past and are doomed to repeat them. Use Rome as just one example. They become socialized dictatorships in the end because of the quest for power caused by one's own ego. Also, high taxation too high for the people to bare.

And that would be the very core theme of the book "The Fate of Empires" (1913). Sounds like you are a student of generational dynamics: Humans forget lessons from the past and will re learn them.  One way or another.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.