Cinnamon

Power of the Shaman: Where does it come from and how does it work?

INTRODUCTION:

Shamanism is truly an ancient cross cultural world-wide phenomenon, albeit sometimes lost to those of the modern era in the murky reaches of time, as the above story on the Iceman might attest. For many of us though, there remains a thread, however slight or however tenuous, whether it is linked to Early European Tribes, Native American Tribes, African Tribes, or elsewhere, that ties us to that past. As things have unfolded in my life the viability of that thread has been made clear, not just by me on my own, but by those who have never lost touch with their specific cultures or beliefs. In my adult years my practicing backround in things Shaman is primarily based on Obeah, the Shamanistic beliefs found in some of the countries in and around the Caribbean. However, in earlier years, as a very young boy, I traveled, as will be mentioned below, somewhat intensively with my Uncle in similar "circles" throughout various indigenious cultures of the desert southwest. It is admitted I am unable to speak specifically to or of Shamanistic beliefs of ALL Shaman related cultures. I can however, because of my background of having been apprenticed to a Jamaican man of spells called an Obeahman for many years, speak of where the power of the Shaman he exhibited, and from which I learned, is drawn. From that same experience I can speak as well of the results of what happens when that "power" is used, misused, or implemented, and where I learned, regardless of what culture a Shaman resides, the "power" of the Shaman "comes from." 

For the most part and for those most truly involved, in the end Shamanism is a calling. How does one know if they have a "calling?" It is not so much YOU that determines such a thing, but the "selection out" that occurs from or by another Shaman that senses an innate ability that is somehow radiated or felt. You yourself may not even know per se' although your whole life you may have had "this feeling." It just needs to be focused and that is what another Shaman can do. That is what happened in my case and to countless others like me throughout the centuries.[2]

<snip>

http://the-wanderling.com/how.html

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Uncle Thanky said:

Interesting.

An excellent read.

Thank You.

Reminds us of the wolves that called us out many years ago.

This read is really voluminous if you click everything, links to links to more links. I love reading stuff like that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Louis Vuitton hired a shaman to stop the rain for fashion show

pagesix.com

Luxury brand Louis Vuitton hired a shaman to prevent rain from marring the brand’s recent over-the-top show in the south of France.

Sources tell Page Six that while the guru had also been hired to tame the weather at previous shows around the world, skeptical execs at parent company LVMH had recently axed the jet-setting holy man from the budget.

But when a downpour unfashionably soaked an outdoor Dior show last week in Chantilly, France, the shaman was back on the payroll for Louis Vuitton’s fashion show at the Fondation Maeght, near Antibes, this week.

Top stylist Kate Young posted as part of a fashion diary for Vogue.com for the Louis Vuitton resort show: “Vuitton hired a shaman to stave off the rain and apparently all his work succeeded (kissing trees, or so I heard), because it didn’t rain until after the show finished!”

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/01/louis-vuitton-hired-a-shaman-to-stop-the-rain-for-fashion-show/

Edited by Cinnamon
LINK FIXED PLEASE MAKE CLICKABLE

My friend mediated for Indian reservations against oil companies and the EPA.  She told me a story where she was with a shaman in a teepee and he conjured a thunderstorm with lightening inside of it.  This he power they carry is real.  It's probably one of the reasons they're culture and population has been decimated into nothingness.  Can't have a bunch of true spiritual leaders running around this country when it's trying to be enslaved.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LuckyBolt said:

My friend mediated for Indian reservations against oil companies and the EPA.  She told me a story where she was with a shaman in a teepee and he conjured a thunderstorm with lightening inside of it.  This he power they carry is real.  It's probably one of the reasons they're culture and population has been decimated into nothingness.  Can't have a bunch of true spiritual leaders running around this country when it's trying to be enslaved.

What tribe? What state?

1 hour ago, 2many secrets said:

What tribe? What state?

Wind River reservation in Wyoming. Shoshone and Arapaho.

@Cinnamon how, may I ask did you come across the wanderling?  As stated, links to links to links, it's been going on for a long time, the wanderling that is.  I found some of it on long lost sites from geocities, free pages from yahoo, all over the net actually.

the links take you literally all across the spectrum of conspiracy theory, shamanism, esoteric, Nobody know's who the wanderling is, or where he came from, no beginning or end to the web pages either.

• Sad 1

I think there are many labels for things that are the same across the cultures.

15 hours ago, Full Throttle said:

@Cinnamon how, may I ask did you come across the wanderling?  As stated, links to links to links, it's been going on for a long time, the wanderling that is.  I found some of it on long lost sites from geocities, free pages from yahoo, all over the net actually.

the links take you literally all across the spectrum of conspiracy theory, shamanism, esoteric, Nobody know's who the wanderling is, or where he came from, no beginning or end to the web pages either.

I was looking up shaman and ran across it by pure accident.  

21 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I was looking up shaman and ran across it by pure accident.  

Same here, by accident that is, I was looking into the roswell incident many years ago and came across the wanderling,  been following along whenever I want to ever since.    Claims to be or have had training as a Cloud Shaman, and spent years in a Tibetian Monastary also.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.