AgedLace

Gospel of John - Chapter 1

4 minutes ago, Jostler said:

please delete anything that violates the focus you've been given.  i have no desire to distract from that in any way. 

Thank you for your understanding.

2 hours ago, AgedLace said:

Thank you for your understanding.

...the amount of text is staggering.   I do appreciate you taking the time. But, for me... it is too overwhelming.

Personally, I have read the complete KJV Bible four times and half-way through my fifth since I have been saved a little over 5 years ago.

This works for me... as before I was a very luke-warm kind of Christian,  I would read verses out of context occasionally from a little New Testament Bible I had... very haphazard, much like my sinful life as a musician.  Later on I worked 15+ years in  telecommunications, all the while pridefully believing I was already saved... 

Was not until God opened my eyes, that I can now say that I am on a righteous path...

soooooo....

I read a little every night before bed.  I have this routine I follow.  It has been 1896 days in a row... I would like to keep my streak going until the day Jesus takes me home..... yep and Amen.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GTBighair said:

...the amount of text is staggering.   I do appreciate you taking the time. But, for me... it is too overwhelming.

Personally, I have read the complete KJV Bible four times and half-way through my fifth since I have been saved a little over 5 years ago.

This works for me... as before I was a very luke-warm kind of Christian,  I would read verses out of context occasionally from a little New Testament Bible I had... very haphazard, much like my sinful life as a musician.  Later on I worked 15+ years in  telecommunications, all the while pridefully believing I was already saved... 

Was not until God opened my eyes, that I can now say that I am on a righteous path...

soooooo....

I read a little every night before bed.  I have this routine I follow.  It has been 1896 days in a row... I would like to keep my streak going until the day Jesus takes me home..... yep and Amen.

Thank you.  I very much appreciate your testimony, and praise and thank God He is actively working in your life. 

I also understand this type of Bible Study is not for everybody.  It wasn't designed to be.  He told me that He would bring those whom He wants to teach how to listen to His voice; that He has been, and continues, to prepare their hearts for exactly that. 

I know that most, if not all, of those who are watching this Club are afraid of sharing the answers they are getting from the Holy Spirit for fear of being "wrong".  This is why I open every study with the prayer that He would correct any / all misconceptions and misunderstandings we may have about His Word.  This is also why when He gave me the "Introduction" as to how this Bible Study would be conducted He said that there would be no "wrong" answers.  He gives to each as He sees fit.

This is a relationship He is cultivating.  Learning to listen to, and hear His voice accurately, takes a LOT of discipline and practice.  There *will* be times one will get it wrong - I missed it completely LOTS of times, and there are *still* things He corrects me on; this is a life-long process.  The key is having a desire to be taught the Truth by the Author of the Bible Himself, and a willingness to give up and renounce those 'truths' we have been indoctrinated with over the years that are really not truths at all.   

I wish you well on your journey, @GTBighair.  I am honored that you have stayed as long as you have.  I pray God's blessings upon you as you continue that AWESOME reading streak, and He leads you on the path He has designated for you.  God Bless!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AgedLace said:

Thank you.  I very much appreciate your testimony, and praise and thank God He is actively working in your life. 

I also understand this type of Bible Study is not for everybody.  It wasn't designed to be.  He told me that He would bring those whom He wants to teach how to listen to His voice; that He has been, and continues, to prepare their hearts for exactly that. 

I know that most, if not all, of those who are watching this Club are afraid of sharing the answers they are getting from the Holy Spirit for fear of being "wrong".  This is why I open every study with the prayer that He would correct any / all misconceptions and misunderstandings we may have about His Word.  This is also why when He gave me the "Introduction" as to how this Bible Study would be conducted He said that there would be no "wrong" answers.  He gives to each as He sees fit.

This is a relationship He is cultivating.  Learning to listen to, and hear His voice accurately, takes a LOT of discipline and practice.  There *will* be times one will get it wrong - I missed it completely LOTS of times, and there are *still* things He corrects me on; this is a life-long process.  The key is having a desire to be taught the Truth by the Author of the Bible Himself, and a willingness to give up and renounce those 'truths' we have been indoctrinated with over the years that are really not truths at all.   

I wish you well on your journey, @GTBighair.  I am honored that you have stayed as long as you have.  I pray God's blessings upon you as you continue that AWESOME reading streak, and He leads you on the path He has designated for you.  God Bless!

Thank you and God's blessings to you...  yep( 2 Corinthians 1:20) and Amen.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.