Lansdren

Prepping - Yourself, Family, Community which level are you at and which do you inspire to

Now I'm not a prepper myself but I am interested in the idea and making a few changes in my life to accommodate a more self sufficient stance. It doesn't take a Civil War/End of the World/Zombies to really mess ones day up and having some back up plans seems nothing if not prudent.

That being said the more wild ideas of "What if" have come up when drinking with a few friends and its the normal bullshit of suiting up and kicking ass (we are reenactors we can't help but get silly)

But it has got me thinking on a more serious level, are we just out for ourselves or at best close family or are we trying to prep to make sure there is something left of society as a whole. I've heard stuff from some people who seem very much like if SHTF they are only out for themselves "f**k everyone else no help coming from here". I've also heard of people talking as if things go south then family holes up and waits for it all to settle.

These seem understandable but very short sighted.

I'm thinking that if you were serious about surviving for any real length of time part of that would be looking at a wider community pooling resources and knowledge so if things go crap you have back up.

If you are prepping do you see yourself as only looking at number one or do you have a greater plan in mind? I'm not talking lets cut out some territory of our own here, but have you got together with a group and tried to expand the plan more then one person/ one family unit.

I'm really interested in how people are planning or if they are planning at all

34 minutes ago, Lansdren said:

Now I'm not a prepper myself but I am interested in the idea and making a few changes in my life to accommodate a more self sufficient stance. It doesn't take a Civil War/End of the World/Zombies to really mess ones day up and having some back up plans seems nothing if not prudent.

That being said the more wild ideas of "What if" have come up when drinking with a few friends and its the normal bullshit of suiting up and kicking ass (we are reenactors we can't help but get silly)

But it has got me thinking on a more serious level, are we just out for ourselves or at best close family or are we trying to prep to make sure there is something left of society as a whole. I've heard stuff from some people who seem very much like if SHTF they are only out for themselves "f**k everyone else no help coming from here". I've also heard of people talking as if things go south then family holes up and waits for it all to settle.

These seem understandable but very short sighted.

I'm thinking that if you were serious about surviving for any real length of time part of that would be looking at a wider community pooling resources and knowledge so if things go crap you have back up.

If you are prepping do you see yourself as only looking at number one or do you have a greater plan in mind? I'm not talking lets cut out some territory of our own here, but have you got together with a group and tried to expand the plan more then one person/ one family unit.

I'm really interested in how people are planning or if they are planning at all

Start here.......

https://www.fema.gov/blog/2015-04-29/everyone-must-be-prepared-emergencies

41 minutes ago, londonorchar said:

Bait thread???

:spock:

Nothing of the sort

I'm simply stating that I see a lot of one person for themselves kind of planning. Honestly I was really hoping a bunch of people might say no they are planning for stuff in groups it would make me slightly more hopeful for the species

Triple X said if you're gonna send someone to save the country, you better make sure they like it the way it is. I think he said that. Society is pretty lame right now. 

This is very dependent on situation. In plague, less is better. 

Lets say...natural, supervolcano or solar flare- no grid. That sort of thing. War/invasion requires something else. That I will leave to each defender.

For a natural shtf, I think it will be place dependent, or mindset dependent. 

People who operate from percieved lack will likely be a just me or just mine. It will be a tooth and nail struggle, as all else seems to be.

People who all have an impression of plenty will naturally form community and build up. They will share resources and skills, and look out for each other.

Just something to consider for your bug out or hunker in choices. Strategic thinking about prep is important, but remember a plan is just a plan. Marry it and you may die. Change as needed.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.