Picklesnout

Crash shuts down Hood Canal Bridge-still closed!

Bad news in my neck of the woods. Serious accident today at 5pm shut down both directions of the bridge. Other than ferries or driving the coast, there is no good way to get here.

http://komonews.com/news/local/head-on-crash-shuts-down-hood-canal-bridge

Snip::

POULSBO, Wash. - One person was killed and three others were injured in a six-vehicle crash that has shut down both directions of the Hood Canal Bridge Thursday evening.

The crash happened around 5:00 p.m. near milepost 13.93, near the west end of the bridge.

According to the State Patrol, seven people were involved in the crash. Firefighters had to extricate one person. One person was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with critical injuries. Another person has serious injuries and the third person has minor injuries. Three other people were evaluated at the scene.

The State Patrol is still investigating how the crash happened. The bridge is expected to be closed for several hours.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can't imagine how it can get that serious. Speed limit on the bridge is only 40.

Sun in the eyes? That Or alot of Texty McTextersens.

Oh, or medical. 

• Like 1

I hate car wrecks. I've been in many and there is always some injury that lasts forever.  I hope these people are going to be ok, but from the looks of the vehicles, seems really bad.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.