bgmnyfrank

Tell your kids

6 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

My parents hid the fact they had to put our dog to sleep.  Still today they hide stuff.  I'm almost 40.  I think I can handle it now, Mom.

When my kid tells me I'm the best dad ever, I tell him "No I'm not son, but I promise you that I will get better."

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, bgmnyfrank said:

Everything. Do not be the cowards our parents were.

I have told my 8 year old son many unfortunate truths about planet Earth.

Today I will be telling him another - how Israel killed Arafat with polonium. 

I believe my son is more sentient than most adults and yet he is still the kindest person I know. It might be because I don't shelter him?

Home schooling is necessary in this society.

Revealing to our children all that we know on the madness of the world is really hard sometimes. Hubs & I hate having to tell them the horrors we uncover in our daily lives and research. The children are heartbroken, as we adults are, but they take it in stride. Young people are amazingly resilient. I'd rather they know now, than for them to go their entire lives believing and living a lie, as I did.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bgmnyfrank said:

I believe my son is more sentient than most adults and yet he is still the kindest person I know. It might be because I don't shelter him?

An 8 year old cannot comprehend anything like this.  Why do people do this to there kids.  

• Like 1
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, bgmnyfrank said:

I attempted to do the same with my children, however my wife sheltered them.  I had my son on the right track, thinking like me, and then my wife pulled him aside and said you don't have to believe everything your father tells you, it changed his trajectory in life.  My daughter still believes what daddy has taught her and is on the right path.  I never sugarcoated anything to them.  I regret a lot of things in my life, one is which I didn't spend enough time with my kids as they grew up, I was never really around due to the nature of my employment, but it still bothers me.  Like bgmnyfrank says, tell them everything about what is going on in this world.  Do not allow their schools to brainwash them, for if you don't you will regret it later in life.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

An 8 year old cannot comprehend anything like this.  Why do people do this to there kids.  

So he can defeat the intellectual coward you're raising. He is a great shot with his bb gun already and he is also learning jiu jitsu- so he can defeat your kid physically too. Don't worry,  I'm sure your kid will vote to tax the skit out of him for some fake war someday, due to you being a sissy.  Thanks for squandering the USSR collapse and our would-be golden age.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bgmnyfrank said:

So he can defeat the intellectual coward you're raising. He is a great shot with his bb gun already and he is also learning jiu jitsu- so he can defeat your kid physically too. Don't worry,  I'm sure your kid will vote to tax the skit out of him for some fake war someday, due to you being a sissy.  Thanks for squandering the USSR collapse and our would-be golden age.

frank don't attack other members.  that is a no no.  Stay on topic.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.