Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Deep-sea 'aliens' no one knew existed, unearthed in Singapore-Indonesia expedition

At least 12 species of crabs, prawns and lobsters collected from the deep seas in West Java are new to science. Another 40 are new records for Indonesia. Here are some of these strange and fascinating finds.

<snip>
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/deep-sea-sunda-strait-new-species-singapore-indonesia-10227902

I love this kind of info. Great video at link as well as the article. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

I love this kind of stuff!!

They're finding new species all over the world all the time. There's a frog smaller than a dime they found not too long ago. Cuuuuuute! I want one!  :)  Found in 2012 I think, here's a picture of the little thing.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2012/01/scienceshot-smaller-dime-frog-worlds-tiniest-vertebrate

Well, I'm a Pisces,  Not only am I a dreamer but I love the water.  And being underneath it.   When I can go underwater, I am instantly transported into another world, another dimension, another time, It's so different and amazing.  I am a typical Pisces in every sense of the word.   The Fish,  or (fishes?)  

I often play a 12 hr long file on my big computer monitor of nothing but underwater  deep sea footage,  so relaxing, enjoyable, I can leave this world just by sitting and watching that video.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Full Throttle said:

Well, I'm a Pisces,  Not only am I a dreamer but I love the water.  And being underneath it.   When I can go underwater, I am instantly transported into another world, another dimension, another time, It's so different and amazing.  I am a typical Pisces in every sense of the word.   The Fish,  or (fishes?)  

I often play a 12 hr long file on my big computer monitor of nothing but underwater  deep sea footage,  so relaxing, enjoyable, I can leave this world just by sitting and watching that video.

You do understand why your like that? your DNA from past ancestry dictates many things.  IF you look at the real history of whom was here and what has been done to us.

2 hours ago, apache54 said:

You do understand why your like that? your DNA from past ancestry dictates many things.  IF you look at the real history of whom was here and what has been done to us.

So you're saying she's part mermaid?

2 hours ago, apache54 said:

What, like Atlantis or some other long lost civilization? Mu maybe?  I don't know why I am like this, but i'm not dissatisfied.  I like myself.

10 minutes ago, snowball said:

So you're saying she's part mermaid?

He. LOL!!  What made you think I was a she?   No worries, it's cool.

Isn't it a fact that only 8% of the worlds oceans have been explored?  Imagine if we spent a little money exploring the rest instead of sending things into space.  We haven't figured this planet out yet, how in the hell are we attempting to figure out other planets!!!  Makes no sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BacktotheShadows said:

Isn't it a fact that only 8% of the worlds oceans have been explored?  Imagine if we spent a little money exploring the rest instead of sending things into space.  We haven't figured this planet out yet, how in the hell are we attempting to figure out other planets!!!  Makes no sense.

I am guessing that space is going to be used to attack people, so there is not that much interest in the ocean. 

Being in water and knowing how to float takes all the stress off the body. Maybe we came from a place where gravity was much less. If only I could breathe under there without scuba gear it would be perfection. 

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Being in water and knowing how to float takes all the stress off the body. Maybe we came from a place where gravity was much less. If only I could breathe under there without scuba gear it would be perfection. 

You gotta grow some gills....:)

• Haha 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.