Walk Softly

We all have opinions

Posted (edited)

I always express my opinion, and when I am wrong I will admit I am wrong.  I have taken a different approach on this forum then I have on others.  I try not to argue with people, however sometimes when they come back with some quirky comment it pisses me off and I go off on them.  I like to stay on topic as well, although some like to take your thread and make it their own by adding something completely different into the thread then what was intended.  It also depends on the mood I am in, during the early morning hours I try not to post because I always wake up in a bad mood, then my meds kick in and I start to post.  Towards the evening I don't post unless I find something funny or upbeat because by 7pm I am wasted.  I like your style WS and I like the threads and posts you make.  You look to be a nice guy that has something to offer to this forum with your insight and intellect.  

By the way who is FE?

Edited by BacktotheShadows
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Full Throttle said:

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.  Think about that for a minute.

But if everybody is wrong, nobody is right....

Pinned because through learning will you become refined. The arguing serves a purpose. Leading to this moment right now, where several will change forever.... Everything happens for a reason. Become the best at conversation through the ability to disconnect at will from it. Emotion goes in the box, Understanding comes out.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BacktotheShadows said:

I always express my opinion, and when I am wrong I will admit I am wrong.  I have taken a different approach on this forum then I have on others.  I try not to argue with people, however sometimes when they come back with some quirky comment it pisses me off and I go off on them.  I like to stay on topic as well, although some like to take your thread and make it their own by adding something completely different into the thread then what was intended.  It also depends on the mood I am in, during the early morning hours I try not to post because I always wake up in a bad mood, then my meds kick in and I start to post.  Towards the evening I don't post unless I find something funny or upbeat because by 7pm I am wasted.  I like your style WS and I like the threads and posts you make.  You look to be a nice guy that has something to offer to this forum with your insight and intellect.  

By the way who is FE?

Thanks for the nice words, Backtotheshadows.  

FE is flat earth. 

Flat Earth is kind of a unique animal because it is essentially a completely different model of the world and universe (for simplicity sake).  So, because it is such a huge thing, it is relevant in a lot of ways so it makes it really hard for FE'ers to interject their thoughts and beliefs without looking like they are derailing a thread. 

I can only speak for myself, but that is not my goal.  Instead, I want to be able to offer my perspective.  

Just about every CT has relevance and an explanation in FE which is what makes it so exciting for me.  I can look at a CT topic and almost always tie it in.  So again, that is why it is a unique animal and it really sucks sometimes that I have to hold back in order to not derail a thread. There are a lot of topics I'd like to share my thoughts on, but I don't. 

Edited by Walk Softly
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Since we moderate this forum a lot differently than most, I also want to let people know that we DO. NOT. LIKE. moderating! Everyone on the team hates it when they have to step into the middle of an argument or whatever else is happening.  That's exactly why we have the mod team we have. 

We are not perfect. Never claimed to be either. But often times when what you described is happening and mods try to stop it, the mods get attacked and become the focus of whatever the original disagreement is. 

None of this is right. And you're correct, the ones doing it know they are doing it and so does the mod staff. I think that is what bothers me the most about it, is having my intelligence insulted over and over, like I don't know what's up. I've seen every game possible that can be played on a forum and one of the oldest is someone starting crap and then pretending to be the victim when they get moderated. 

A lot of the problem is lack of respect for other's beliefs.  If people want an echo chamber there are lots of them out there. This is not one and won't be. 

I would like to add on to this.  I was chosen as a Moderator here on COP.  It is a very hard thing to do.  I thought it would be easy, but it is not.  I was not cut out for the job, like Cinn says because we tend to mod based on our own beliefs.  I was mad when another moderator called me out, but perhaps it was for the best.  I hold no hard feelings towards that moderator and I realize that modding ain't easy!  As long as you are not a blatant asshole on this forum you should be okay.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Since we moderate this forum a lot differently than most, I also want to let people know that we DO. NOT. LIKE. moderating! Everyone on the team hates it when they have to step into the middle of an argument or whatever else is happening.  That's exactly why we have the mod team we have. 

We are not perfect. Never claimed to be either. But often times when what you described is happening and mods try to stop it, the mods get attacked and become the focus of whatever the original disagreement is. 

None of this is right. And you're correct, the ones doing it know they are doing it and so does the mod staff. I think that is what bothers me the most about it, is having my intelligence insulted over and over, like I don't know what's up. I've seen every game possible that can be played on a forum and one of the oldest is someone starting crap and then pretending to be the victim when they get moderated. 

A lot of the problem is lack of respect for other's beliefs.  If people want an echo chamber there are lots of them out there. This is not one and won't be. 

I feel for you.  I really do.  I've been the problem more times then I've been the solution, I'm sure. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

I feel for you.  I really do.  I've been the problem more times then I've been the solution, I'm sure. 

You're not that bad! lol  :hug:

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.