BubbitoBurrito

US State Passes Law Defining Any Criticism of Israel as ‘Anti-Semitic’

South Carolina... What y'all think?  Going a little too far? If you're in SC you may not want to view/comment on this. So does the same apply to every other criticisms of other individuals? White, Black, Christian, Muslim, and so fourth?

The news that Israel killed more than 60 Palestinians on Monday alone, has sparked criticism from Americans who are frustrated with the United States’ failure to hold one of its closest allies accountable for the human rights violations it is committing—and individuals in one state will soon be labeled as “anti-Semitic” for openly voicing their opinion.

South Carolina will become the first state to legally define criticism of Israel as “anti-Semitism” when a new measure goes into effect on July 1, targeting public schools and universities. While politicians have tried to pass the measure as a standalone law for two years, they finally succeeded temporarily by passing it as a “proviso” that was slipped into the 2018-2019 budget.

According to the text of the measure, the definition of “anti-Semitism” will now include:

- a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of anti-Semitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities;

- calling for, aiding, or justifying the killing or harming of Jews; making mendacious, dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews as such or the power of Jews as a collective; accusing Jews as a people of being responsible for real or imagined wrongdoing committed by a single Jewish person or group, the state of Israel, or even for acts committed by non-Jews;

- accusing the Jews as a people, or Israel as a state, of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust;

- accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or to the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interest of their own nations;

- using the symbols and images associated with classic anti-Semitism to characterize Israel or Israelis;

- drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis;

- blaming Israel for all inter-religious or political tensions;

- applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation;

- multilateral organizations focusing on Israel only for peace or human rights investigations;

- denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, and denying Israel the right to exist, provided, however, that criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as anti-Semitic.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/israel-kills-dozens-civilians-state-passes-law-labeling-criticism-anti-semitic/

• Like 1

Yeah.... I don't like this. But then you probably already knew that :D

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, markovian said:

i honestly do not know

Me neither but I just looked up a few tidbits on your question and it appears so? Again... just like you I do not know for sure. Can anyone else that might be more of an expert on the legalities of ST's v FG answer this question?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BubbitoBurrito said:

Me neither but I just looked up a few tidbits on your question and it appears so? Again... just like you I do not know for sure. Can anyone else that might be more of an expert on the legalities of ST's v FG answer this question?

The bill has little effect, any attempted  implementation of it will be challenged by civil-rights
groups who have already criticized it. Moreover, the law only prohibits these activities
in public schools and state-owned universities. Liberal Jewish professors are opposing
the Republicans who passed the law, as a reward to their Israeli donors.
Crazy is it not? You have non-Jew Republicans hammering this law in, and Jewish
professors and lawyers against it. Zionism is a mental disease.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/critics-denounce-south-carolina-anti-semitism-law-180513113108407.html

Edited by snowball
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

That's racist. 

Biased/Racist... I think either one would be an appropriate label in this case. 'Bout some big time BS imo. WTH? Oh... btw boyz und gurlz...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal" - I reckon that statement from the Dec Of Ind doesn't apply to G-d's chosen people. Even in the old US of Asinine things.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." ~ Voltaire

Bam!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, snowball said:

The bill has little effect, any attempted  implementation of it will be challenged by civil-rights
groups who have already criticized it.

Even if it is struck down after the first victim.  That victim would still have his life turned upside down by the state and be irreversibly damaged.  This is why big govt is evil.

• Like 2

You can criticize all other countries/nations, but not Israel.   Wow, this just boggles my mind.  So if someone in SC says they don't believe the 6 million number then they are being anti-Semitic?  And what is the punishment?  Expelled, charged with a hate crime?   

10 minutes ago, snowball said:

The law only prohibits these activities in public schools and state-owned universities.

That is where a lot of the BS in this daze & age originates. As time progresses... well... I know that you know what I and others already know. You know? :gsbrnint:

13 minutes ago, snowball said:

Crazy is it not?

It is...

15 minutes ago, snowball said:

Zionism is a mental disease.

:jaynod:

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.