Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!
octopus prime

Scot Peterson, disgraced Parkland school cop, starts getting $8,702-a-month pension

Recommended Posts

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/15/scot-peterson-disgraced-parkland-school-cop-starts-getting-8702-month-pension.amp.html

Scot Peterson, a former deputy with the Broward County Sheriff's Office, has reportedly started to receive a hefty pension — three months after he retired amid the aftermath of the mass shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Peterson, a 33-year law enforcement veteran, was the resource deputy stationed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14 when 17 people were killed by gunfire.

As one of the largest mass shootings in modern U.S. history unfolded, Peterson never entered the building where alleged gunman Nikolas Cruz was opening fire and instead took up a position outside the building that was under attack.

Peterson, 55, was widely criticized for his actions and Broward Sheriff Scott Israel opened an internal investigation. The deputy resigned and retired on Feb. 23, "rather than face possible termination."

(Cut)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$8,702? LOLOLOLOL!!!! 

$101,879 a year divided by 12 is $8489 a month.  So you retire and you get more than what you were making while doing the job?  Something is not adding up.

Edited by BacktotheShadows
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Four Star General serving for over 40 years only gets a pension of $11,850 a month.  40 YEARS in charge of thousands of Soldiers, many years of Combat.  This guy get's 9 grand a month for being a school monitor!!! LMFAO.  Something is wrong here...something very wrong.. 

Wrong Information put out.

Edited by BacktotheShadows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BacktotheShadows said:

A Four Star General serving for over 40 years only gets a pension of $11,850 a month.  40 YEARS in charge of thousands of Soldiers, many years of Combat.  This guy get's 9 grand a month for being a school monitor!!! LMFAO.  Something is wrong here...something very wrong..

Where did you get this false information??? A four-star officer retiring with 40 years of experience would receive a pension of $237,144 as of January 2014!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/07/military-pensions-four-star-officers/4359023/

Edited by londonorchar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why pensions are dying. The pot can't keep up with the payout. It never was a sustainable system and never will be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, londonorchar said:

Where did you get this false information??? A four-star officer retiring with 40 years of experience would receive a pension of $237,144 as of January 2014!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/07/military-pensions-four-star-officers/4359023/

I was basing the amount on 75% of your base pay.  I guessed they changed the rules for 4 stars and now they get 120%.  Thanks for correcting me.  Before the law was changed, the typical pension for a retired four-star officer was $134,400, which equates to the $11,000 a month figure that I put out.  With this new information, I see they are screwing the little guys and giving more to the top brass.  Thank you again for clearing this up.  Makes me sick.  They are making more money being retired then they did on active duty.  

Edited by BacktotheShadows
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JRock said:

This is why pensions are dying. The pot can't keep up with the payout. It never was a sustainable system and never will be.

Now, if they replaced him, he's getting all that plus someone else is getting paid to take his place. It's the same everywhere. And no, not sustainable. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Now, if they replaced him, he's getting all that plus someone else is getting paid to take his place. It's the same everywhere. And no, not sustainable. 

And the Govt's (local state federal) will not provide for any real breaks when your elderly either!  You may own your home but the real estate tax continues to increase and if you cannot afford to pay on your FIXED retirement pay YOU LOSE your house!  The politicians in this country sold everyone out while lining their own pockets with cash!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, londonorchar said:

And the Govt's (local state federal) will not provide for any real breaks when your elderly either!  You may own your home but the real estate tax continues to increase and if you cannot afford to pay on your FIXED retirement pay YOU LOSE your house!  The politicians in this country sold everyone out while lining their own pockets with cash!

Cali has proposition 13 and it stops them from using people's homes as a piggy bank to raid. They actually tried to get rid of that before and everyone said no.  If they ever get rid of that, this place is surely doomed. As it is they can only raise the tax by about 1 percent per year, I think. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.