captrandom

California sees a 45% spike in STD's [Merged]

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, sybdragon said:

Or the types that think we stole part of Mexico. That gets on my nerves. I do understand that they are taught this in their public schools in Mexico.

Regardless, they are right. It was called the Mexican-American War, and the U.S. killed them
and stole their land. Period. Lots of it. As a side note, war against Canada was also quite close.
"54'40 or fight!"elected Polk. The impracticality of it and satisfaction from taking Mexican land
is what staved that campaign off.

Edited by snowball

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, snowball said:

Regardless, they are right. It was called the Mexican-American War, and the U.S. killed them
and stole their land.

Who decides who is rightful owner of land?  You?

One could say mexicans stole it from aztecs and aztecs stole it from some lesser tribes and so on and so on.  Or humans stole all land from the mammoth and dinosaurs so humans should all die and give back the stolen land.  If/when one day US is conquered by XYZ then did XYZ stole land from US?

Edited by September

4 minutes ago, snowball said:

and stole their land. Period. Lots of it. As a side note, war against Canada was also quite close.
"54'40 or fight!"elected Polk. The impracticality of it and satisfaction from taking Mexican land
is what staved that campaign off.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how it was won or not. Possession is 9/10ths of the law. But the Americans do not realize that the Mexicans are going to possess it by buying it from the Americans. All down throughout history there have been predators and there have been prey. It's the same on the local levels. You are either a predator or prey in a big city. Dallas taught me that. You are not equal. You are not anything but a blood and meat sponge that can be squashed by a big rock. And you are the ONLY one that can protect yourself. You can not protect anyone else. Not your children, your spouse, your siblings, parents, friends etc. They, like you, are either predator or prey. 

If this attitude shocks you, it's because you live in a bubble that is an illusion or delusion of the way life really is. And by you, I don't mean Snowball you, just you as in general, everyone you. :) 

It's not what you believe that matters. It's what the person that hates you or wants to hurt you that matters. Know your enemy. And if they consider you their enemy, you are their enemy whether you choose it or not. They will hurt you if given the chance unfortunately. 

• Like 1

I believe in just war cause, and when the Spanish overthrew the Aztec priests who were sacrificing
thousands of people to demon gods, literally, that's not the  same thing as just stealing land
from another Christian country just cuz you want their stuff, which is what the U.S. did.

Here's the history of Texas. American side. http://americanaction.us/index.php/american-history/mexican-american-war/origins-of-the-texas-revolution-of-1835/

Do not buy into the myth. Mexico is in the wrong. Winner take all and we won. That's the way it works or no one would go to war. Why war with someone you are not going to get anything from? Predator and prey. The predator always eat his prey. Mexico is trying to be a predator with this junk. The USA going to be prey? Allow this? :popcorneat:

http://www.fairus.org/issue/societal-impact/chicano-nationalism-revanchism-and-aztlan-myth

5 minutes ago, snowball said:

I believe in just war cause, and when the Spanish overthrew the Aztec priests who were sacrificing
thousands of people to demon gods, literally, that's not the  same thing as just stealing land
from another Christian country just cuz you want their stuff, which is what the U.S. did.

Catholics are not Christian. They are Catholic. :gsbrnint:

3 minutes ago, snowball said:

So the POPE decides rightful ownership. Got it.

36 minutes ago, September said:

So the POPE decides rightful ownership. Got it.

Regardless of my opinion concerning that, the Mexican-American War was opposed
by many significant American legends, including Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass,
Henry David Thoreau, John Quincy Adams and others with less remembered names.
btw, Mexico was a Republic at the time, so it was outside the purview of Pius IX.

8 minutes ago, snowball said:

Regardless of my opinion concerning that, the Mexican-American War was opposed
by many significant American legends, including Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass,
Henry David Thoreau, John Quincy Adams and others with less remembered names.
btw, Mexico was a Republic at the time, so it was outside the purview of Pius IX.

Attaching ideology to war and land is just how men trick other men into dying for them.  A piece of dirt belongs to those who can acquire it and defend it.  If Mexico or whoever wants the land, they can fight for it, and if they win, it's theirs.  It's as simple as that.

53 minutes ago, September said:

Attaching ideology to war and land is just how men trick other men into dying for them.  A piece of dirt belongs to those who can acquire it and defend it.  If Mexico or whoever wants the land, they can fight for it, and if they win, it's theirs.  It's as simple as that.

Your outlook is too Darwinian. We are not animals.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.