Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

California Cities Are Free to Regulate Gun Stores Out of Existence (SCOTUS RULING)

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sent a clear message to millions of gun owners in California: You're living in a Second Amendment-free zone.

In an order on Monday, without explanation or comment, the Court rejected a civil rights lawsuit brought by the Calguns Foundation and the Second Amendment Foundation. Those groups had hoped the justices would rule that the Second Amendment continues to apply even in the progressive enclaves of the left coast—and that law-abiding California residents possess the right to buy and sell firearms.

Instead, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case, a decision that underscores its willingness to let California legislators and judges evade the Second Amendment within the borders of the state.

"There are no significant Second Amendment obstacles to local and state gun control at this point," said Don Kilmer, an attorney in San Jose, California, who is representing the gun rights groups. Also representing them is Alan Gura, who has taken two Second Amendment cases to the Supreme Court before.

Their lawsuit challenges a decision by Alameda, a California county that includes Oakland and other east bay cities, to enact a zoning law so onerous it effectively bans gun stores. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit sided with Alameda in 2017, saying that "no historical authority suggests that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to sell a firearm."

<SNIP>

https://reason.com/archives/2018/05/15/california-cities-are-free-to-regulate-g

:fkff: SCOTUS!!!!!

• Angry 2

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sent a clear message to millions of gun owners in California: You're living in a Second Amendment-free zone.

In an order on Monday, without explanation or comment, the Court rejected a civil rights lawsuit brought by the Calguns Foundation and the Second Amendment Foundation. Those groups had hoped the justices would rule that the Second Amendment continues to apply even in the progressive enclaves of the left coast—and that law-abiding California residents possess the right to buy and sell firearms.

Instead, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case, a decision that underscores its willingness to let California legislators and judges evade the Second Amendment within the borders of the state.

"There are no significant Second Amendment obstacles to local and state gun control at this point," said Don Kilmer, an attorney in San Jose, California, who is representing the gun rights groups. Also representing them is Alan Gura, who has taken two Second Amendment cases to the Supreme Court before.

Their lawsuit challenges a decision by Alameda, a California county that includes Oakland and other east bay cities, to enact a zoning law so onerous it effectively bans gun stores. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit sided with Alameda in 2017, saying that "no historical authority suggests that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to sell a firearm."

<SNIP>

OMG I hope we don't get an even larger influx of Californians fleeing to Arizona.  Yikes there are too many of them here now.  I drive around Phoenix and I see Cali plates everywhere.  I went past the State Employment office in downtown Phoenix today on my way to a job.  I slowed down and looked carefully at the parking lot.  There were many Cali plates there.  I wonder if they are signing up for unemployment benefits?  I don't want to be negative but, I sure hope they don't pollute our home with their waste and culture.  I've known many cool people in Cali but I was hanging in the Ventura, Ojai and Santa Barbara area.  I lived in Ojai as a kid.   What we do not need is another states refugees. 

I hope that many of these interstate immigrants will be highly skilled professionals in whatever field they work in.  That could be a blessing to Arizona.  Rather than having people move in who are uneducated, needy and wanting for welfare.   :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phxsparks said:

OMG I hope we don't get an even larger influx of Californians fleeing to Arizona.  Yikes there are too many of them here now.  I drive around Phoenix and I see Cali plates everywhere.  I went past the State Employment office in downtown Phoenix today on my way to a job.  I slowed down and looked carefully at the parking lot.  There were many Cali plates there.  I wonder if they are signing up for unemployment benefits?  I don't want to be negative but, I sure hope they don't pollute our home with their waste and culture.  I've known many cool people in Cali but I was hanging in the Ventura, Ojai and Santa Barbara area.  I lived in Ojai as a kid.   What we do not need is another states refugees. 

I hope that many of these interstate immigrants will be highly skilled professionals in whatever field they work in.  That could be a blessing to Arizona.  Rather than having people move in who are uneducated, needy and wanting for welfare.   :D

No welfare queens are moving around because of 2a rights.  They only follow the free stuff.

• Like 1

This is how the lawyer weasel words in CT got the gun laws passed. You may keep and bear arms all you want for free, you just can't buy them in CT without permission certificates that cost money.

9 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

<SNIP>

Time to flee persecution!  All freedom loving Americans in CA should flee, walking away from mortgages, etc., as they are now under duress!

We are at a time when they will do anything to grab our guns.  We need to take a stand, however it seems people are scared to stand up for their very own rights.  They bow before their masters and do whatever they want them to do.  I hate to say it, but we are at the end of days.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.