Countryboyseein

Dental death march...

One year ago today, I finally saved up enough cash, to pay for the extractions and creation of upper dentures for myself. My upper teeth are nothing more than stumps and razor sharp edges. 

I was thwarted by a massive heart attack at age 43. Luckily, I managed to drive to the closest hospital, before I collapsed into a pile on the floor. 

The paramedics had to take me to another hospital for treatment. Because.... only one branch of Cox hospital in this town has heart surgeons... apparently...?

(I didn't go to a clinic, I went to a full on hospital. Covers like 12 sq blocks,  400 beds etc. But no-one that can handle a heart attack. )

I've struggled for the last year,  just trying to afford my medicine,  Dr appts,  and the healthier foods; that the cardiologist says I need.  My heart attack required 3 stints, but the Dr could only safely put in 2. Then prescribed "statins" to fix the one she said she couldn't, along with 6 pills to help my BP....

Well, a year later the dr has informed me that, I can't get my "very" much needed dental work unless the dentist can pull 15 teeth without me bleeding to death.  Two dentists have already told me, that they want nothing to do with me while on plavix. 

WHAT THE HELL am I supposed to do? 

I only have one upper molar, that can grind things, without  pain or infection. 

I'm seriously thinking about going on a hunger strike until some dentist,  will atleast try to help...

BlondeNude
48 minutes ago, Countryboyseein said:

One year ago today, I finally saved up enough cash, to pay for the extractions and creation of upper dentures for myself. My upper teeth are nothing more than stumps and razor sharp edges. 

I was thwarted by a massive heart attack at age 43. Luckily, I managed to drive to the closest hospital, before I collapsed into a pile on the floor. 

The paramedics had to take me to another hospital for treatment. Because.... only one branch of Cox hospital in this town has heart surgeons... apparently...?

(I didn't go to a clinic, I went to a full on hospital. Covers like 12 sq blocks,  400 beds etc. But no-one that can handle a heart attack. )

I've struggled for the last year,  just trying to afford my medicine,  Dr appts,  and the healthier foods; that the cardiologist says I need.  My heart attack required 3 stints, but the Dr could only safely put in 2. Then prescribed "statins" to fix the one she said she couldn't, along with 6 pills to help my BP....

Well, a year later the dr has informed me that, I can't get my "very" much needed dental work unless the dentist can pull 15 teeth without me bleeding to death.  Two dentists have already told me, that they want nothing to do with me while on plavix. 

I'm seriously thinking about going on a hunger strike until some dentist,  will atleast try to help...

My dad has the same issues with blood thinners. They can suspend the meds for two weeks prior to a procedure. You might die but it is better than living in hell. Talk to your doc.

Than just do one or two teeth you should not bleed that much, Jack Daniels and pliers also works,,   😁 Not that I have ever done that...

2 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

Talk to your Doctor, seriously.   You'r in a difficult situation, and you need expert medical advice.  

yeah exactly.   plus ive always heard the bacteria from bad mouths can be bad for heart valves

• Like 1

The infection from bad teeth can kill you.  believe me, I have a full set of upper and lower dentures.  Did the whole Jack daniels Pliers routine, Finally did the dentist, Cost a fortune , but yeah dude. I know of what I speak and so does anyone else who has Dentures.   Or has had all their teeth pulled.    

Talk to your Doctor  ASAP.

• Like 2

I'm in need of both upper and lowers here soon. If I was in your situation,  I'd just go for it and hope for good luck. But, I'm a guy whose destined to be here more years than he wants and would love a quick trip out on lala juice.

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I have dental problems too and a lot of it is probably a combination of previous bad dental advice and bruxism (teeth grinding).  My only advice to you, which may or may not be practical, is to seek out a dental school which might be able to do work for you for much less money or even free.   The other thing might be if  you can go to a foreign country, even Mexico, if you can find a reputable dentist to do the work.  Without knowing where you are, I don't know how practical these are for you.  It sounds like you're going to have to have a very gradual process of teeth removal.   I'm so sorry for your terrible health woes.  I had cancer myself last year and have gotten through it so I know how awful it is to have an extended period of bad health.  Good luck to you, my friend, I hope others have suggestions for you.  

Where do  you live?

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Mehitable said:

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I have dental problems too and a lot of it is probably a combination of previous bad dental advice and bruxism (teeth grinding).  My only advice to you, which may or may not be practical, is to seek out a dental school which might be able to do work for you for much less money or even free.   The other thing might be if  you can go to a foreign country, even Mexico, if you can find a reputable dentist to do the work.  Without knowing where you are, I don't know how practical these are for you.  It sounds like you're going to have to have a very gradual process of teeth removal.   I'm so sorry for your terrible health woes.  I had cancer myself last year and have gotten through it so I know how awful it is to have an extended period of bad health.  Good luck to you, my friend, I hope others have suggestions for you.  

Where do  you live?

Yeah Mexican dentist are better .

I know that sounds like a joke but it aint/

They will fix you right up and lower infection rate y todo.

Edited by VonLud
Maricon?!?

I get it. 
  You are short of money,
   You have a bad heart,
    You have real bad teeth,
     You are 43 yo and on blood thinner.

Plenty of dentists out there. Find one who will slightly grind down the sharp edges of the ivory as needed. Usually no blood involved. Not a solution but it will buy you some time while having to work with original equipment.

6 hours ago, Countryboyseein said:

Being the fixer that I am... I started poking around for dental stuff and I found this. This might be a perfect solution for you or at least buy you some time. I don't know anyone who has these but you do it at the dentist and from what I read it's lots cheaper than pulling teeth and dentures. You could at least ask your dentist about them and it says you can eat with them, too. Here's a link and if I were in your position I would find out if they can make this work. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do this and you can leave your other teeth in until you can safely get them removed. It would make my day if this worked out for you!  Best wishes and big hugs! 

http://www.snaponsmile.com/sos_CTD_website_what_is_it

What is Snap-On Smile?
Snap-On Smile is a patented, easy and painless way to obtain a beautiful smile. It was invented by a dentist who realized that not everyone can afford thousands of dollars to get a Hollywood smile make-over. After years of extensive research and development, your dentist can now provide you with a Snap-On Smile that is thin and strong with the look of natural teeth. You can eat and drink with your Snap-On Smile. It’s easy to care for and can be a temporary or long-term provisional cosmetic solution. It’s available for upper and lower teeth.

Snap-On Smile’s unique, proprietary formula of hi-tech dental resin make it very thin yet extremely strong. It fits right over your own teeth to give you a beautiful, natural looking smile—even if you have stains, chips, gaps or missing teeth.

And for many people, Snap-On Smile can be life changing. It gives back the confidence to smile. Thousands of people worldwide have already experienced the unique benefits of Snap-On Smile.

Snap-On Smile is for just about everyone!
Snap-On Smile is an affordable and life-changing solution for people of all ages. Getting a Snap-On Smile simply requires two, short, painless visits with no drilling, no shots and no change in tooth structure.

It is an excellent choice for:
• Gaps, crooked, stained or missing teeth
• Those who are not candidates for bridges or implants
• Anyone who would like a Hollywood smile without the expense and discomfort of complex and invasive dental procedures
• Anyone who has an old-fashioned removable partial denture and wants a beautiful, more comfortable alternative

It’s easy, it’s painless and you can start today
1. You pick the style and shade of your new smile
2. Your dentist takes an impression of your teeth
3. You come back in about three weeks for a final fitting and you wear your Snap-On Smile home

Here's some questions and answers, it says it works if you have sensitive teeth, just click and the answer will pop up.

http://www.snaponsmile.com/sos_CTD_website_questions

• Like 2

Bob

Anyone with an infected tooth or mouth pain, try this! Buy some colloidal silver and swish or gargle with it for several minutes after gently brushing. Eat as many probiotics as possible and buy some gum sweetened with the artificial sweetener xylitol. Try not to swallow the sweetened flavor. When the gum becomes workable place it over the sore or sorest tooth for several minutes. Do this several times a day.  The reason you shouldn’t swallow xylitol is that it kills bacteria and you don’t want it killing your beneficial gut bacteria but you do want it to kill your mouth bacteria. Hope this helps, it does for me!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.