Ukshep

If I look at a plane that does not change altitude......

Anyone who has ever traveled west across Kansas and into Colorado can witness seeing Pikes Peak coming into view. At first you see the very top of the mountain, close to the horizon, then it slowly appears more and more until it is rather large and you can start to see the whole front range of the Rockies. 

• Like 1

I can always remember the sun coming up in the east and going down in the west. The next morning the same thing happens. How do you explain that?

3 minutes ago, grav said:

VL? Enlighten? As if! That word is not in his vocabulary. His name should be Loki, the Norse trickster. He's a FE friend who has not come out of the closet yet. 

Simple explanation . . .  ta da, is a whirlygig thingamajig.

My middle name is Loki.

Piranha is known as Loki's pet - his little child.

So yeah, the sun could be just cruising around the globe or it might just choose to fade into obscurity, like an aging one-hit-wonder.

Fascinating. :spock:

Anybody know an qualified optical engineer (that design telescopes, binoculars, etc.) that says optical parallax causes an optical eclipse?

I'd really like to talk to that guy.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BlondeNude said:

For real tho. What's up wit those planes that are flying straight up? I can't really wrap my noodle around that. Even when I try. Perspective like a mug.

Not to be all cliche...  But look at those planes with a decent pair of binoculars or a smaller telescope so you can see it better.  I went through a phase where I was watching planes through a telescope all the time.  

I never saw them flying on their sides, up, down... Nothing.  It was always just a plane flying through the air.  It's the contrails (or Chemtrails if you're into that) that makes it look like that.  

Here is a cool video if you like planes.  6:50 is my favorite. 

@VonLud

Really cool shot at 1:24 on this one. 

Edited by Walk Softly
I see you've logged in now

14 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

Not to be all cliche...  But look at those planes with a decent pair of binoculars or a smaller telescope so you can see it better.  I went through a phase where I was watching planes through a telescope all the time.  

I never saw them flying on their sides, up, down... Nothing.  It was always just a plane flying through the air.  It's the contrails (or Chemtrails if you're into that) that makes it look like that.  

Here is a cool video if you like planes.  6:50 is my favorite. 

@VonLud

Really cool shot at 1:24 on this one. 

Yeah I am not allowed to be nude any longer. So you really looked at planes and they appear to be obeying the laws of physics when peeped through specs?

I never tried that and it never crossed my mind. But cool.

I am still wiggin over those lasers at the Balloon Fiesta. They were firing lasers from beyond the western horizon and they were following the dome of the sky and would disappear behind the big mountains to the east. Never saw something like that and it defies any notion in my head about the propagation of light.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, gartner said:

I can always remember the sun coming up in the east and going down in the west. The next morning the same thing happens. How do you explain that?

Another question is how does Rio Grande, Argentina get over 17 hours of daylight on Dec. 21,  if the earth from north to south is an flat expanding circle from east to west? That over 70% of a 24 hour day.

No FE model comes close to explaining that accounting for known empirically measured daylight hours for the rest of the earth.

Edited by RhetoricalRebel

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, VonLud said:

Yeah I am not allowed to be nude any longer. So you really looked at planes and they appear to be obeying the laws of physics when peeped through specs?

I never tried that and it never crossed my mind. But cool.

I am still wiggin over those lasers at the Balloon Fiesta. They were firing lasers from beyond the western horizon and they were following the dome of the sky and would disappear behind the big mountains to the east. Never saw something like that and it defies any notion in my head about the propagation of light.

I'm saying they never appeared to be flying down, up or anything else.  Unless they were in a bank which was obvious.  Nobody needs to take my word for that.  I feel confident that anyone to takes a look will find the same thing. 

I'd like to know more about the lasers.  Pm me or something.  Or bring it up in the fe thread. 

Edited by Walk Softly

1 minute ago, Walk Softly said:

I'm saying they never appeared to be flying down, up or anything else.  Unless they were in a bank which was obvious.  Nobody needs to take my word for that.  I feel confident that anyone to takes a look will find the same thing. 

I'd like to know more about the lasers.  

No, I get what you are saying, but when you just look at the contrails it looks like all manner of fluckery. But I can read between the lines of what you are saying.

Yeah, but those lasers. Of course I shoulda taken a video or something, but it never crossed my mind because I am old and I always thought that it was better just to be in the moment.

You know a Klieg Light, que no? So they go up in the sky and kinda diffuse somewhere in the air or they hit clouds.

These lasers - (they were thick honking beams of bright light like a Klieg light). Well, these lasers were fired from an unseen source beyond view ( I later found out they were set up about five miles away) and followed the dome of the sky - all the way across the entire sky from West to East and disappear behind the East mountains.

9 hours ago, Ukshep said:

As it flies away,  Along your LOS from behind it.... it will appear to go closer to the ground, Until it vanishes below the horizon.

Take a P900 ... zooming in will bring the plane back into view. For sure.

By the way: if you zoom into a P900 screen with another P900, you can double your zoom over the horizon. Chain enough cameras together and you can see clear across the Pacific.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.