Ukshep

Trump Suggests Death Penalty For Cop Killers

President Donald Trump suggested Tuesday a mandatory death penalty for criminals who kill police officers.

Trump, speaking at the 37th Annual National Peace Officers’ Memorial Service, called for an immediate end to “the attacks on our police, and we must end them right now.”

“We believe criminals who kill our police should get the death penalty,” POTUS stated. “Bring it forth.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/15/trump-suggests-death-penalty-for-cop-killers/

What's everyone's opinion on this?? I don't think it should be a death penalty by default. What would happen in the event of an accident? Do that penalty still apply?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

President Donald Trump suggested Tuesday a mandatory death penalty for criminals who kill police officers.

Trump, speaking at the 37th Annual National Peace Officers’ Memorial Service, called for an immediate end to “the attacks on our police, and we must end them right now.”

“We believe criminals who kill our police should get the death penalty,” POTUS stated. “Bring it forth.”

What's everyone's opinion on this?? I don't think it should be a death penalty by default. What would happen in the event of an accident? Do that penalty still apply?

The death sentence as a jurisprudence option, is alive and well in the United States.  I only wish they would bring back public hangings.  The needle seems too expensive.  A length of hemp rope would save money and achieve the same desired effect.

• Like 3

I’m for it as long as a cop killing an  unarmed person gets the same punishment. I give the police lee way in a lot of things, but killing unarmed people is not one of them

• Like 4

Maybe it's just me. But the comments seem a little extreme. Do we all really want so much death?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Maybe it's just me. But the comments seem a little extreme. Do we all really want so much death?

I don't I am sick of it. I've seen way more than my fair share.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

The death penalty has never served any purpose but to make others feel better...if that's all that's wanted out of punishment, then fine. BUT, a lot less things have to be against the law, opening up room for real criminals....a life sentence would mean a life sentence and not 10 years plus parole....

every day there are stories about convictions of death row inmates being overturned because of falsified evidence, corrupt DNA analysis, false accusations, etc. I wonder how many people have died being innocent?

I'd rather simplify things and live without the death penalty if possible, but won't be upset if it remains

• WTF 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, octopus prime said:

I wonder how many people have died being innocent?

Too many most likely!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Too many most likely!

1 is too many and probably why God is better suited for Judgement...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

That is not the intent.  We are accustomed to the death penalty being applied for specific crimes in this Country.  This demonstrates the difference in cultures around the world.  I on the other hand think the Saudi's are a bit extreme.  They could use a rope as well.

Edited by phxsparks
  • Like 1

Death Penalty for government personnel found guilty, by military tribunal, of thwarting/undermining the Constitution they swore to protect ☠️:nodl:☠️:cheer:☠️:nodl:☠️

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

As long as the same applies to killer cops

Edited by BubbitoBurrito
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ukshep said:

The problem is our legal system as it currently stands is a massive mess.  There is no real fairness or justice within the current framework.  Adding the death penalty just further adds to the potential to kill more innocent people.  In the current system some real criminals are not charged while some innocent people are charged and deemed guilty by a jury in a court of law.  Prosecutors have quotas to fulfill as do the cops.  Those with money and/or a secret handshake can avoid or escape the legal system many times while those without money become victims of a legal system designed to function to the benefit of secret societies.

I don't believe a good or just God would approve in any way of our legal system as it stands.  The same goes for Jesus.

Trump says lets kill more people.  What about Presidents that control armies that kill innocent children?

We need to focus on more love in the world rather than focus on more killing.

Edited by God Man
  • Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.