Cinnamon

High Sugar Intake is Causing More High Blood Pressure Thank High Salt Intake

For more than a century, many have pointed their fingers at salt as the main culprit in high blood pressure or hypertension that leads to kidney damage, stroke, and heart attack. But the problem is actually sugar.

Some have even described salt as “the single deadliest ingredient in your pantry.” And many doctors insist on eliminating salt entirely from one’s diet to reduce the number of cases of hypertension and save lives. But turns out salt is not the real villain. In fact, limiting salt in the diet can raise your chances of developing a fatal heart problem, especially if the salt comes from a healthy source.

Researchers from Saint Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute in Kansas City and Montefiore Medical Center in New York believe the benefits of doing away with sodium is “debatable”  since the relationship between salt and heart disease is murky. A meta-analysis by the non-profit Cochrane Collaboration revealed that moderate amounts of salt can’t lower the risk of dying from or developing cardiovascular disease, as reported by Natural News. 

The study authors also stressed that most dietary salt is derived from processed foods, which are also the biggest source of added sugar.The researchers cited population studies and clinical trials that showed sugar has a negative effect on blood pressure. In particular, researchers point to fructose, which many studies point to as the reason for a damaged cardiovascular system.

Quitting sugar, on the other hand, can help with a number of ailments not just cardiovascular health. Sugar actually is inflammatory to the body and can be hidden villain in our pantry. But that’s all thanks to the money-driven sugar industry:

<snip>

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/high-sugar-intake-is-causing-more-high-blood-pressure-than-high-salt-intake_052018

• Like 4

Salt and sugar, my 2 staples, welded together by fat, of course.

Food is my drug! I am an addict I freely admit. Will it kill me? Yes, over time. But like any addict, I do not care, gimmie more yum. I play the same addict games, walking the tightrope of functional, till I blow a gasket. No heroine stupor and quiet death for me, I will have a heart attack, or stroke. Might die, might live on and linger...unless I buy a box of ding dongs and just get it over with.:snackhouse:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Picklesnout said:

Salt and sugar, my 2 staples, welded together by fat, of course.

Food is my drug! I am an addict I freely admit. Will it kill me? Yes, over time. But like any addict, I do not care, gimmie more yum. I play the same addict games, walking the tightrope of functional, till I blow a gasket. No heroine stupor and quiet death for me, I will have a heart attack, or stroke. Might die, might live on and linger...unless I buy a box of ding dongs and just get it over with.:snackhouse:

Roll Hard with your bad self!!!  Go for it!!

• Haha 1

Aww yeah baby. Tonight's dinner was crock pot pork roast. Pulled meat strewn over pasta with black olives, olive oil, cracked pepper and romano cheese.

And I Don't Care. What's for dessert? Mango slices or sugar cereal, haven't decided...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They spend BILLIONS on how to KILL people, but they seem to leave out the research to help people, UNLESS there is BIG profits to make. and since we have natural med docs, and it is working, now they are killing them off.  HHHMMMMM anyone smell something like Agenda 21??

• Like 1

your toung is a fine tuned mineral detector ... its really unlikaly to like more salt than you need ... shugar on the otherhand is intentionaly hiden in food to make you crave it

fact salt is not addictive but needed

fact shugar is addictive but not needed

• Like 1

I love salt much more than sugar. If I could only have one from now on, it would be salt, hands down.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, markovian said:

your toung is a fine tuned mineral detector ... its really unlikaly to like more salt than you need ... shugar on the otherhand is intentionaly hiden in food to make you crave it

fact salt is not addictive but needed

fact shugar is addictive but not needed

I wonder if that's why some people suddenly get a salt craving?   Like me for instance, once in a while I just need to pour some out on my hand and eat it. I keep little salt packets handy for the occasion.

• Like 2

Sodium has always gotten a bad rap same as saturated fats. Actually not having any of them or reducing sodium intake is very bad. Sodium/salt controls and regulates the bodies entire electrical system. Saturated fats regulate many hormones.

It's not just sugar that's bad. It's carbohydrates and even too much protein because both turn to glucose sugar and stored as fat. Yes, and I did say too much protein as well. Not fats, though.

• Like 4

Your brain functions on glucose, but carbs and sugar are not needed. Proteins are converted to all the needed glucose that the brain needs to function. Even if you ate zero carbohydrates and sugar.

• Like 3

Fats seem to have a shut off button for me. If I have too much rich food in a row, I get sick of it and just dont want any. No butter, cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, meat fats, fries, even avocado.

What is funny to me- I the salt lover have high blood pressure and want more salt. My mother the diabetic, wants sugar all the way.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.