Spoiler alert: It's Jesus.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Lamb93 said:

In the words of Deep Thought in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
"Yes, I have an answer but you're not going to like it."

Let's play a game....

The one whom is good but thinks he is evil. Or the one whom thinks he is good but is evil.

Edited by Ukshep
Typo

we know the mocking will get more intense the closer we get to the end.  Rock on bro :)  Your appearance was predicted too :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Let's play a game....

The one whom is good but thinks he is evil. Or the one whom thinks he is good but is evil.

I'll play.

How one thinks of oneself and how one is perceived are two different things and carry different weights both to the individual and to society depending on culture.

I might have a low opinion of myself but be highly respected.  That works for the Japanese who work as a collective.  I might love myself but be despised by others.  That works for the selfie culture of the west.

Which is correct?  

5 minutes ago, Lamb93 said:

I'll play.

How one thinks of oneself and how one is perceived are two different things and carry different weights both to the individual and to society depending on culture.

I might have a low opinion of myself but be highly respected.  That works for the Japanese who work as a collective.  I might love myself but be despised by others.  That works for the selfie culture of the west.

Which is correct?  

Both and yet neither. Just tiny blips of irrelevancy in time!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jostler said:

we know the mocking will get more intense the closer we get to the end.  Rock on bro :)  Your appearance was predicted too :)

You could have at least watched the video.  I spent quite some time on it.

Just now, Lamb93 said:

You could have at least watched the video.  I spent quite some time on it.

I'm more confident just reading the Book :)

This must  be one of the most idiotic videos I've ever seen.
Barring everything else wrong with it, the Hebrew name Yeshua
can be written various ways, and was quite common.

Jeshua

For Yhowshuwa'; he will save; Jeshua, the name of ten Israelites, also of a place in Palestine -- Jeshua.

see HEBREW Yhowshuwa'

Forms and Transliterations

וְיֵשׁ֑וּעַ וְיֵשׁ֖וּעַ וְיֵשׁ֗וּעַ וְיֵשׁ֙וּעַ֙ וְיֵשׁ֡וּעַ וְיֵשׁ֤וּעַ וְיֵשׁ֨וּעַ וּבְיֵשׁ֥וּעַ ובישוע וישוע יֵשֽׁוּעַ׃ יֵשׁ֔וּעַ יֵשׁ֖וּעַ יֵשׁ֛וּעַ יֵשׁ֡וּעַ יֵשׁ֣וּעַ יֵשׁ֤וּעַ יֵשׁ֧וּעַ יֵשׁ֨וּעַ ישוע ישוע׃ לְיֵשׁ֙וּעַ֙ לישוע lə·yê·šū·a‘ leyeShua ləyêšūa‘ ū·ḇə·yê·šū·a‘ ūḇəyêšūa‘ uveyeShua veyeShua wə·yê·šū·a‘ wəyêšūa‘ yê·šū·a‘ yeShua yêšūa‘

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/3442.htm

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snowball said:

This must  be one of the most idiotic videos I've ever seen.
Barring everything else wrong with it, the Hebrew name Yeshua
can be written various ways, and was quite common.

Jeshua

For Yhowshuwa'; he will save; Jeshua, the name of ten Israelites, also of a place in Palestine -- Jeshua.

see HEBREW Yhowshuwa'

Forms and Transliterations

וְיֵשׁ֑וּעַ וְיֵשׁ֖וּעַ וְיֵשׁ֗וּעַ וְיֵשׁ֙וּעַ֙ וְיֵשׁ֡וּעַ וְיֵשׁ֤וּעַ וְיֵשׁ֨וּעַ וּבְיֵשׁ֥וּעַ ובישוע וישוע יֵשֽׁוּעַ׃ יֵשׁ֔וּעַ יֵשׁ֖וּעַ יֵשׁ֛וּעַ יֵשׁ֡וּעַ יֵשׁ֣וּעַ יֵשׁ֤וּעַ יֵשׁ֧וּעַ יֵשׁ֨וּעַ ישוע ישוע׃ לְיֵשׁ֙וּעַ֙ לישוע lə·yê·šū·a‘ leyeShua ləyêšūa‘ ū·ḇə·yê·šū·a‘ ūḇəyêšūa‘ uveyeShua veyeShua wə·yê·šū·a‘ wəyêšūa‘ yê·šū·a‘ yeShua yêšūa‘

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/3442.htm

And which four Hebrew letters are common to all and read as Yeshua?

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Lamb93 said:

In the words of Deep Thought in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
"Yes, I have an answer but you're not going to like it."

Watched it, was good.

I don't know nearly enough about Greek writing/numerology, nor the bible to say anything is conclusive, but it got me thinking.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Jesus (As in: I don't worship him, he's just a bible character who is claimed to be the Son of God or whatevers). when I read stuff like: "Get intimiate with Jesus" and "get to know Him through prayer", I'm just lost for words. Maybe it's the (indoctrinated) atheist inside me, but these things are so vague. If God wanted me to worship Jesus, couldn't he have given more literal instructions. (Bible is timeless, how would he write it to last through ages?, I'm aware yada yada)

So on a very basic level, I just don't understand what "Jesus" means, I never did. Does it mean being nice to other people? Is it about all the parabels and stuff in the bible about him? Cuz I know about those, and I agree with most/all of em. I'm all about one love/peace etc...

Then there's the 'Jesus died for our sins' thing, which I also don't understand. Does this mean I'm allowed to do what I want, as long as I repent and worship jesus, I'm fine? So I could rape, pillage and plunder, Jesus already died for mah sins, I just gotta not be an asshole about it: I admit it's wrong (to rape pillage and plunder), but I still do it anyways cuz Jesus let's me off the hook?

I'm a complete noob in these things, but I can see how Jesus Christ is just another ploy to decieve the masses with this whole "he died for our sins"-thingy.

Still though, the things I know (and read) about Jesus seem to be OK, he did dabble with some magic and miracles (Isn't all magic automatically black magic/Lucifer magic?), but who am I to tell what the Rules are? (Capital R to imply whatever rules God put in this realm/reality)

Edited by Vechthaan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Both and yet neither. Just tiny blips of irrelevancy in time!

I take it you are an existentialist? I had to study Sartre and Camus in French literature.  I never really got on with them.

3 minutes ago, Lamb93 said:

I take it you are an existentialist? I had to study Sartre and Camus in French literature.  I never really got on with them.

Not necessarily. I'm pretty fluid. I can see reason for both freedom and fate! Guess it depends who you are!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.