Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Mission creep? UK troops may deploy with Muslim ground army against ISIS – reports

Cinnamon    21,937
British troops may deploy alongside a new multi-nation Muslim coalition, combining troops from 34 Sunni nations and spearheaded by Saudi Arabia, to fight Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL), according to reports.

The UK has suggested it supports the formation of such a force in principle and perhaps in practice.

We welcome countries in the international community doing more to work together to look at fighting terrorism,” a spokesman for Prime Minister David Cameron told news organization IBT on Tuesday.

I think we are still waiting to understand a bit more of the details of it and how it’s going to work,” the spokesman added.

https://www.rt.com/uk/326090-british-troops-syria-isis/

I'm not sure what to make of this. 

Ukshep    19,026
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:
British troops may deploy alongside a new multi-nation Muslim coalition, combining troops from 34 Sunni nations and spearheaded by Saudi Arabia, to fight Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL), according to reports.

The UK has suggested it supports the formation of such a force in principle and perhaps in practice.

We welcome countries in the international community doing more to work together to look at fighting terrorism,” a spokesman for Prime Minister David Cameron told news organization IBT on Tuesday.

I think we are still waiting to understand a bit more of the details of it and how it’s going to work,” the spokesman added.

https://www.rt.com/uk/326090-british-troops-syria-isis/

I'm not sure what to make of this. 

Well remember that coalition i told you would come about? this may be it.

Cinnamon    21,937
12 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Well remember that coalition i told you would come about? this may be it.

Yes, it could be, but what a strange combination. lol