DRUMZ

Found six prime blacks (morels) hanging.......

Found six prime blacks hanging around under an old apple tree after work today.

This could truly be one of the best morel hunting years that we have had. We will have to see if it warms up just a little bit more , but I know that some more rain is expected.

I went up over the hill  behind my house where there is a very old abandoned apple orchard in the hopes that I would find more...

But nothing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=black+morel+mushrooms&rlz=1CAASUD_enUS617US617&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt3qqC-P7aAhUK_IMKHS-nCcQQsAQIrQE&biw=1366&bih=654

Also....

For you wild edible fans out there.... Spring is the BEST time to get out there and hunt!

The wild leeks are in the prime as well as many other tasty treats!

As soon as the soil temp gets just a wee bit warmer, I can foresee an epic morel year for the record books up by me...

Happy hunting!

It's Time!!! And over the next week or two, get out their and get you some Sponges!!!   I know I am, is, are, will be some more!!!   YUM!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

It's Time!!! And over the next week or two, get out their and get you some Sponges!!!   I know I am, is, are, will be some more!!!   YUM!!

Puff balls?

Have to cook them fresh. Good for stews, as they can soak up flavor, but not much flavor on their own.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

Chanterelles! Oh sexy sexy mushroom musk.

🤣

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.