Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!

Recommended Posts

so i was at the doctor today n part of my lecture was to lose weight so i looked up a 2000 calorie diet

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/12/22/upshot/what-2000-calories-looks-like.html

oh god dam how am i guna get down to that ... ill eat 1500 calorie steak for breakfast lol

 

atleast he left the salt out of it ... im guessing caz with my bp salt dosent mean shit my goal is to get to 140/90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, markovian said:

so i was at the doctor today n part of my lecture was to lose weight so i looked up a 2000 calorie diet

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/12/22/upshot/what-2000-calories-looks-like.html

oh god dam how am i guna get down to that ... ill eat 1500 calorie steak for breakfast lol

 

atleast he left the salt out of it ... im guessing caz with my bp salt dosent mean shit my goal is to get to 140/90

All depends on what you need I guess. I used to try to stick to 2,000 calories a day. I started losing weight when I stopped caring, Small nibbles lol at cutting off sugars, sodas, meat. Weight dropped off. If that helps.

But I do still eat steaks :D on occasion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, September said:

Exercise is more important.

Exactly. Plus make sure you drink at least 8-8oz glasses of water a day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

All depends on what you need I guess. I used to try to stick to 2,000 calories a day. I started losing weight when I stopped caring, Small nibbles lol at cutting off sugars, sodas, meat. Weight dropped off. If that helps.

But I do still eat steaks :D on occasion!

Exercise, exercise and exercise is the key! In actuality, you can probably eat whatever you want but make sure that you are burning those calories. I used to eat everything in sight but I ran 3-5 miles a day. I dropped weight like crazy.  As I am getting older, my body can not handle that anymore so I try eating less sugars and drink lots of water. I have never been big on soda so that was not hard to cut out. To be honest, I kind of quit exercising for a while but we now have a dog and walking the dog with my son has became a new routine. Just remember, you didn’t gain the weight overnight so you will not lose it overnight.  Get in a routine and stick to it and all of the sudden, the extra weight will be gone. Just my two cents, take it as you will! Best of luck to you @markovian!

Edited by Thunder
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you don't regularly exercise, you will actually gain a little weight when you start.  This is good healthy muscle weight.  Since muscle costs a lot to maintain, your body will start shedding fat and you'll eventually loose weight, but you have to convince your body the muscle is worth maintaining by regulary using those muscles through exercise regiment.

There is no healthy way to quickly loose weight.  Don't fall for scam diets that advertise quick and easy weight loss.  Even if it works, it's not healthy.

Eating more fiber with lots of water helps too. Fiber binds with fat and will make your body absorb less fat. As with exercise, this will make you initially gain weight, but it's good water weight. Over time, the decreased fat absorption will help you loose weight. Fiber that's already swimming in fat, like fried vegetables or salad drenched in cheese dressing, doesn't count.

Edited by September

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Delysid said:

Exactly. Plus make sure you drink at least 8-8oz glasses of water a day.

this was acctualy a misinturpreted statment it was 8 oz of water total food included but i live in vegas i think our rule is 8 liters a day lol  103 yesterday its not even hot yet

gota wait a little to exersize tell im on all my bp meds ... ill probly start delivering packages again

i was just shocked what 2000 calories looks like jesus it looks like what a 5yr could eat in a day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.