Ukshep

Anyone know of a spider repellent??

I'm getting really sick of the spiders in the UK now. This last year they are everywhere and large and they've started breeding again. Time of the year for it to begin, or season should I say. I don't need to continue eating them in my sleep. So advice... please!

Natural spider repellents are easy to make at home and work just as well as commercial repellents, without the drawback of containing chemicals and toxins that are bad for your health and the health of your pets. Many of these natural repellents involve using ingredients unpleasant to spiders, such as essential oils and ammonia, to deter them from entering your home and encourage them to leave. By using sprays and deterrents around the points of entry in your house such as cracks or crevices and around windows and doors, you can effectively deter spiders without any negative consequences to your health.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Spider-Repellent-at-Home

3 Different methods all can be made at home, link even has a step by step instructional with pics to boot.

• Like 1

repellant to spide

diatomaceous earth, used carefully, in cracks, carpets, , cabinets, on bedding, don't overdo, , use a mask, and gloves, read up all natural, , dries up exoskeleton, on  insects, they die from dehydration, also , shake everything out real good daily, bed linens ect., closets, , fill all craks and gaps, , repellant , I don't know, but if you get bit, there are a lot of , natural remedies, read up online,

Same problem here in the U.S. Every morning I wake up to one of my friends running around my kitchen.  Called an exterminator and he told me that spiders are the hardest pest to kill and too keep away.  I have no other bug problems, just spiders.  They  may coincide with each other though, maybe the spiders are eating the other bugs!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, repellant to spide said:

diatomaceous earth

I have some of that on hand. I'll try that :D

7 minutes ago, counterintelligence said:

Some insect repellents actually help feed the spiders, because the spider eats the dead things in its' web...doesn't have to be a nice juicy fly...

Hmm nice to know....

are you a fan of praying mantices ... thell make the spiders go away

diatomaceous earth dosent work as well on spiders there much higher off the ground but it can break there legs

16 hours ago, Ukshep said:

I'm getting really sick of the spiders in the UK now. This last year they are everywhere and large and they've started breeding again. Time of the year for it to begin, or season should I say. I don't need to continue eating them in my sleep. So advice... please!

I do not know if you can purchase hedge apples in the UK.  We have them here in America.  Put a few of those around likely spider hangouts and they will disappear.  They are also organic and fairly safe to use if you have pets.  I typically find them in a markets produce department.  They are not considered edible.  There is a debate about their effectiveness on spiders.  I have had good luck and they are not as toxic as spraying pesticide in your home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maclura_pomifera

220px-Maclura_pomifera2.jpg.a3ccfce223e1be62ce81061b6f4c0ee8.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Light your flat on fire

Posted (edited)

Here ya go ! Freshens things up too ! 

For a first line of defense against pests you can plant peppermint all around your house. This acts as a natural barrier to keeping mice at bay, plus it smells wonderful and compliments a garden. You can also use the peppermint spray that's covered below and in the accompanying video to treat patios, decks, and other outdoor spaces with. For inside your house there are a couple of things you can do with peppermint. One method is to fill a clean sock with a bunch of dried peppermint and place it strategically around your house in places wherever mice can get in. The second way to make a natural pest repellent is to brew up a simple batch of peppermint tea. Take a pot of hot water and drop in a handful or two of dried peppermint. Allow it to sit for awhile before straining all of the peppermint out. Finally, place the peppermint infused water into a spray bottle and mist it around any interior spaces like closets, cabinets, carpets, even on clothing. Focus on doors and windows and enjoy the fresh, clean, minty smell!... Read More: http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2016/06/this-indoor-plant-will-keep-out-all-spiders-mice-and-other-creepy-creatures.html

https://www.mnn.com/your-home/organic-farming-gardening/stories/12-plants-that-repel-unwanted-insects

Edited by ScroodeMcDuck

12 minutes ago, Oregonian said:

Light your flat on fire

Seems a bit extreme!   :gsbrnint:

• Haha 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.