Cinnamon

Garlic can slash the risk of cancer, heart disease and type 2 diabetes, conclude scientists

Garlic lovers eat up!!!!!!!!

It's been used to treat ailments for thousands of years.  

But eating garlic really does have health benefits, researchers have concluded. 

A study found consuming the common seasoning can help slash the risk of cancer, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.

And how healthy garlic is could be down to how it is prepared, according to the researchers at Nottingham University.

The team conducted a review of the literature surrounding garlic, as studies into its health benefits have been inconsistent. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5664445/Garlic-slash-risk-cancer-heart-disease-type-2-diabetes-conclude-scientists.html#ixzz5DwdATM10

• Like 2

All the onion family are 'superfoods'. They're antimicrobial and good for the intestines and immune system. Whenever I'm ill it's out with the garlic and onions! 

I threw out my blood pressure pills. Made me foggy brained and caused me chest pains. Are they trying to kill us or what?

• Like 1

And if you eat enough of it, it's excellent natural birth control because nobody will come near you. :p

I take one garlic pill a day. The important thing is the amount of Allicin in it (I have been told), as it is the chemical in garlic that kicks butt. The ones I have, have 270mg Allicin per capsule. Even if you don't take it daily its really good to keep some on hand.

3 hours ago, Sagd said:

I put that shit in everything:laughtoomuch:

Being part Irish, I season more foods with it than I do with salt. I think this is why many of my friends are Italian or Pollish. All 3 are garlic heads.

Posted (edited)

It's also one of the best antivirals available. Good to know during flu season.

It also helps to clear your arteries, lowers blood pressure and will also keep the mosquitoes away, plus many other benefits. It's also called Russian Penicillin for a reason!

It must always be eaten raw for these benefits. Never cooked. It should also be crushed and eaten within 10 minutes because of the Allicin and which is one of the main active ingredients.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Delysid said:

I take one garlic pill a day. The important thing is the amount of Allicin in it (I have been told), as it is the chemical in garlic that kicks butt. The ones I have, have 270mg Allicin per capsule. Even if you don't take it daily its really good to keep some on hand.

I wonder just how truthful these companies are about their products containing any Allicin if even any at all. See if there are labs who have tested these brands independently because as far as I'm concerned, after tampering with garlic, all the Allicin is drawn away within only ten minutes. Trust no studies or research done by the supplement companies themselves.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

2 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

It's also one of the best antivirals available. Good to know during flu season.

It also helps to clear your arteries, lowers blood pressure and will also keep the mosquitoes away, plus many other benefits. It's also called Russian Penicillin for a reason!

It must always be eaten raw for these benefits. Never cooked. It should also be crushed and eaten within 10 minutes because of the Allicin and which is one of the main active ingredients.

Good to know.  Do you have any suggestions as to how to consume it raw?  I tried peeling, eating, chewing and swallowing a couple big bulbs of garlic once and it was a very unpleasant experience.  I had the taste of garlic in my mouth for about 24 hours I think and nothing could remove the strong garlic taste from from mouth and tongue.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, God Man said:

Good to know.  Do you have any suggestions as to how to consume it raw?  I tried peeling, eating, chewing and swallowing a couple big bulbs of garlic once and it was a very unpleasant experience.  I had the taste of garlic in my mouth for about 24 hours I think and nothing could remove the strong garlic taste from from mouth and tongue.

To add a very powerful synergistic effect: Put chunks of butter on a slice of bread. Sprinkle with black pepper. The more the better. Toast in the toaster and let sit to cool for a few minutes, but making sure the butter is still slightly warm. Crush 2 or 3 garlic cloves between two spoons or use a garlic press/mill. Place garlic spread onto toast, fold in half and eat within 10 minutes of crushing garlic. All Allicin is lost after 10 minutes. The saturated fat in the butter, as well as the black pepper, enhances the effects of the garlic.

Use one teaspoon of liquid chlorophyll in a glass of distilled water for garlic taste. Drink it down.

Edited by Cryptic Mole
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cryptic Mole said:

To add a very powerful synergistic effect: Put chunks of butter on a slice of bread. Sprinkle with black pepper. The more the better. Toast in the toaster and let sit to cool for a few minutes, but making sure the butter is still slightly warm. Crush 2 or 3 garlic cloves between two spoons or use a garlic press/mill. Place garlic spread onto toast, fold in half and eat within 10 minutes of crushing garlic. All Allicin is lost after 10 minutes. The saturated fat in the butter, as well as the black pepper, enhances the effects of the garlic.

Thank you!  I will try that and it sounds like I won't have all the side effects of eating it straight.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.