Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Amanda Lee

Nurse gave CPR to dying woman as Southwest flight made emergency landing

Recommended Posts

Nurse gave CPR to dying woman as Southwest flight made emergency landing

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/18/nurse-gave-cpr-dying-woman-southwest-flight-made-emergency-landing/527401002/

clip-Together with an onboard EMT, Phillips gave Riordan CPR for 20 minutes through the plane's emergency landing in Philadelphia. 

"It just wasn't going to be enough,

clip- imagine going through the window of an airplane at about 600 miles an hour and hitting either the fuselage or the wing with your body - with your face -

 

Photo at the link of Jennifer Riordan, of Albuquerque, N.M. and she looks like such a nice lady the kind of lady we would all be friends with.

So Sad!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, apache54 said:

Yes she was,  we knew her well, still upset, as I know what happened and it should NOT of happened, was due to POOR maint. that is ONE BIG reason I don't fly except in emergencies!!

Wow! Sorry to hear of your loss of your friend. R.I.P. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apache54 said:

Yes she was,  we knew her well, still upset, as I know what happened and it should NOT of happened, was due to POOR maint. that is ONE BIG reason I don't fly except in emergencies!!

I am so sorry for your loss!

Be vocal about your knowledge it is amazing what one passionate person can do when their heart is in the cause. You could save lives.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Wow! Sorry to hear of your loss of your friend. R.I.P. 

Thank You!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, apache54 said:

Yes she was,  we knew her well, still upset, as I know what happened and it should NOT of happened, was due to POOR maint. that is ONE BIG reason I don't fly except in emergencies!!

You actually knew this lady?  My condolences, this is such a horrible thing to happen to anyone.  I can't imagine it.  I didn't think this was actually possible at this stage of avionics.  It seems like something we left behind with Goldfinger.  We've just gone backwards in so many ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CIDFVG

This is horrific.

I pray that that woman was unconscious quickly.

I have alot of commercial flying coming up.

 I think that its safer than going to circle k at night.

I hope that the problem is not using non  (oem) replacement parts. 

This would be really bad.

Cheap  replacement  parts are not ok on an airliner.

I tell clients  with failures, I would not fly in a 757 built with these components.

But money talks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm 

i took a look at the damage to that engine 

it looks quite suspicious to me 

damage is forward of the compressor 

much worse than bird strike damage 

they were over fl25 hmm

the last time I’ve seen damage like  this was from a anti aircraft missile 

not saying it was a hit but how do u explain the damage ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thoth said:

Hmm 

i took a look at the damage to that engine 

it looks quite suspicious to me 

damage is forward of the compressor 

much worse than bird strike damage 

they were over fl25 hmm

the last time I’ve seen damage like  this was from a anti aircraft missile 

not saying it was a hit but how do u explain the damage ?

 

 

And how does stuff like this happen?

https://twitter.com/FedupWithSwamp/status/986299873870974976

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mehitable said:

You actually knew this lady?  My condolences, this is such a horrible thing to happen to anyone.  I can't imagine it.  I didn't think this was actually possible at this stage of avionics.  It seems like something we left behind with Goldfinger.  We've just gone backwards in so many ways.

Yes,

I knew her because of my son, she was in the group of friends he associates with. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Amanda Lee said:

And how does stuff like this happen?

https://twitter.com/FedupWithSwamp/status/986299873870974976

 

I can only echo @apache54 in suspecting lax maintenance. However, that being said,

  "EASA had released Airworthiness Directive 2018-0071 dated Mar 26th 2018 and effective Apr 2nd 2018 reasoning: "An occurrence was reported of fan blade failure on a CFM56-7B engine. The released fan blade was initially contained by the engine case, but there was subsequent uncontained forward release of debris and separation of the inlet cowl. Preliminary investigation determined that the fracture in the blade initiated from the fan blade dovetail. This condition, if not detected and corrected, could lead to fan blade failure, possibly resulting in uncontained forward release of debris, with consequent damage to the engine and the aeroplane." The AD requires an ultrasonic inspection of each affected fan blade within 9 months of the AD becoming effective."

http://avherald.com/h?article=4b7725fb&opt=0

Edited by COBO Member
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.