Cinnamon

How to Treat Gunshot Wounds When No Help Is Coming

Here’s what you could do if help were not imminent.

First Steps: Fight Early Threats to Life

In addition to acting on the initial treatment tips in the first post, here’s what I would do if emergency help were delayed.

Keep the person warm. Hypothermia can be an overlooked danger. Unless it’s hot where you are or the person is well clothed and dry, cover them with a blanket or coat.

Keep the person flat (in most cases). Bleeding can cause blood pressure to plummet (that’s called going into shock), which can dangerously reduce blood flow to the brain. I’d have the victim lie flat on the ground so blood could hopefully still circulate to the brain effectively. If the person were conscious and I was sure there was no neck or back trauma, I might put something under the head for comfort.

Caveat: One time you might not want the person to lie down is if the gunshot is to the head and lying down causes the bleeding to choke the person.

<snip>

http://thesurvivaldoctor.com/2016/07/27/how-to-treat-gunshot-wounds/

• Like 3

https://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/blogs/stuff-knows-guide-proper-adulthood-cauterize-wound.htm

usefull to add expeshaly if the bullet hit center mass

also needle and thread works but dont do the old wild west pull the bullet out that normaly dose more harm

use alcohol on the wound lucky us humans love alcohol so theres normaly some around

also usefull how to deal with a shot to the lung

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-when-someone-is-shot-in-the-lung-How-would-it-need-to-be-treated

Unfortunately, some of us do not have the ability to survive long enough to be healed due to health issues.

If I get shot I'll most likely bleed out very quickly, see how positive I am lol!

On 19/04/2018 at 12:49 PM, Kadosh said:

We carry tampons and QuikClot®t-infused gauze in our emergency kits to plug the inconvenient holes that can appear.

I have to say, I do have a lot of tampons in my emergency kit to and people keep laughing at that fact here. I guess my instincts were correct they do work well in emergency situations for absorbing and stopping blood but after all that is why they exist to begin with!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Johnny Appleseed said:

Better to avoid them.

Same with death, morons and taxes...but good luck with that.  :gsbrnint:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Appleseed said:

Better to avoid them.

I am pretty sure that everybody tries to avoid being shot.. I mean you don't see people trying to get shot very often unless of course its suicide by cop or something along those lines.. :nodl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

I am pretty sure that everybody tries to avoid being shot.. I mean you don't see people trying to get shot very often unless of course its suicide by cop or something along those lines.. :nodl:

Maybe I missed the thread on how to avoid being shot.

... with stuff like staying out of crowds, distinguishing between cover and concealment, remembering you are not the hero in a movie ...

Anyways, in an effort to be a more useful smartass, I offer

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2017/10/bandaging-gunshot-trauma-and-your-ifak.html

and

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/about/ links way, way down in the left column

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 4/18/2018 at 2:58 PM, Cinnamon said:

Here’s what you could do if help were not imminent.

First Steps: Fight Early Threats to Life

In addition to acting on the initial treatment tips in the first post, here’s what I would do if emergency help were delayed.

Keep the person warm. Hypothermia can be an overlooked danger. Unless it’s hot where you are or the person is well clothed and dry, cover them with a blanket or coat.

Keep the person flat (in most cases). Bleeding can cause blood pressure to plummet (that’s called going into shock), which can dangerously reduce blood flow to the brain. I’d have the victim lie flat on the ground so blood could hopefully still circulate to the brain effectively. If the person were conscious and I was sure there was no neck or back trauma, I might put something under the head for comfort.

Caveat: One time you might not want the person to lie down is if the gunshot is to the head and lying down causes the bleeding to choke the person.

<snip>

http://thesurvivaldoctor.com/2016/07/27/how-to-treat-gunshot-wounds/

Thank you for posting this Cinn.  It really could be helpful to someone during a SHTF scenario.  I once had to dig a .22 cal out of a friends leg.  He managed to shoot himself in the calf using my .22 cal pellet gun.  Just that, was quite painful for him.  So none of us would lose our pellet guns, we kept it hush, put a bandage on it and off we went.  Our parents never found out about it.   :happy:

• Haha 1

Quick stop. I use it for my doggie's toenails, in case you clip too close. I try to never miss cause they bleed like anything! Quick stop is a cheap styptic powder.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.