octopus prime

170 lawmakers sign resolution calling for Pruitt's resignation

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/170-lawmakers-sign-resolution-calling-for-pruitts-resignation/ar-AAw22yU?ocid=spartanntp&ffid=gz

A group of 131 representatives and 39 senators signed a resolution introduced Wednesday that calls for Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt to resign.

The resolution states that the co-signers have "no confidence in the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency and [are] calling for the immediate resignation of the Administrator."

Highlighted within the resolution are concerns about Pruitt's use of taxpayer money, "dramatic" budget cuts and waivers given to employees to work at connected companies while still employed by the EPA.

"The Agency is hemorrhaging staff and experts needed to protect the health, safety, and livelihood of millions of people of the United States, with more than 700 employees of the Agency having left or been forced outof the Agency during his tenure as Administrator," reads the resolution.

The lawmakers argue that Pruitt is failing to uphold the responsibilities his job as administrator due to regulation rollbacks and actions to lower environmental protections at the agency they say should remain "science-based."

"Whereas Administrator Pruitt has failed to exercise the enforcement authorities of the Agency, which are necessary

(cut)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

"The Agency is hemorrhaging staff and experts needed to protect the health, safety, and livelihood of millions of people of the United States, with more than 700 employees of the Agency having left or been forced outof the Agency during his tenure as Administrator," reads the resolution.

They act like these people are th eonly ones available that can do the job. Lots of skilled people are looking, I'm sure. Their only flaw is not being political hacks? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

hey act like these people are th eonly ones available that can do the job. Lots of skilled people are looking, I'm sure. Their only flaw is not being political hacks? 

The EPA, like every other government agency, could use  some fat trimming and reorganizing. But the abuse and excess that is being reported, if half true, wipes any cost saving out. Also, it costs money to train people and if they are going to replace them, it would have been cheaper to keep the originals. I doubt everyone of them however, were essential in the function of the EPA...

• Like 2

I went to the link on the OP. The co signers are a collection of rotten dirty Dems who need to be removed from office themselves. Or at the very least, stripped of dual citizenship.
                                         It's like the pot calling the kettle black. 

:getoutl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

They act like these people are th eonly ones available that can do the job. Lots of skilled people are looking, I'm sure. Their only flaw is not being political hacks? 

When they began efforts to stop people in rural America from using wood stoves, they lost me.  I have little use for them.  They protect very little and consume too many tax dollars. 

Cut them back to the point they have a one room office with one desk; all of it being the size of a telephone booth.

• Like 2

I know Scott, he is  a nonsense patriot and is cutting all the redundant job titles and waste. I fully back him. The entire federal government needs to cut it's workforce by 20%. They all have bloated 100k+ jobs to shuffle papers and bust b*lls. :newsflash:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HomelessPatriot said:

I know Scott, he is  a nonsense patriot and is cutting all the redundant job titles and waste. I fully back him. The entire federal government needs to cut it's workforce by 20%. They all have bloated 100k+ jobs to shuffle papers and bust b*lls. :newsflash:

Agreed, but 33% would be a better number.  But he needs to quit squandering taxpayer money also. Since you know him, tell him I said that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

Agreed, but 33% would be a better number.  But he needs to quit squandering taxpayer money also. Since you know him, tell him I said that

He is following orders:

The President's first budget instructs Pruitt to cut the agency's budget by 24% and reduce its 15,000 employees by 20%.[78] Pruitt has sought to end EPA funding for the United States Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division, which relies on $20 million a year from the EPA for 27% of its budget.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pruitt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HomelessPatriot said:

He is following orders:

The President's first budget instructs Pruitt to cut the agency's budget by 24% and reduce its 15,000 employees by 20%.[78] Pruitt has sought to end EPA funding for the United States Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division, which relies on $20 million a year from the EPA for 27% of its budget.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pruitt

This sounds like a good place to start by cutting budgets and payroll numbers.  The United States may well be bankrupt.  Especially since no one has produced an actual uncooked balance sheet for years. 

Assets - Liabilities = Net Worth.  Any of us can perform this simple calculation on our own behalf.  Try it some time.

I will venture that if this was done honestly, the net worth would be  a negative number.  It is a difficult calculation to do with a country such as the U.S.,  because of the amount of data that has to be collected from each state.  Anyway, they have to cut waste and DJT knows this.  Otherwise the whole shite show goes poof!  :nukeanimated:

If that happens,  its welcome to Zimbabwe!    :pulling-hair:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.