Malevolent

Lake Vostok - Under Antartica

Again, "...when the ice melts the sea levels will rise by 200 feet...." round 4:30

Do you really think it can all melt simultaneously?  I don't think so, and if it does, by that time we would have spun this rock 90 degrees so it would not matter in the greater scheme of things, would it?

• Like 2

Sounds like a hollow earth idea. And who knows? There may be tunnels and caverns galore under the surface. But y'all know I don't believe any authority, Russian or American. I especially don't think Antarctica is a continent. We know nothing about our world. 

7 hours ago, Malevolent said:

Again, "...when the ice melts the sea levels will rise by 200 feet...." round 4:30

Do you really think it can all melt simultaneously?  I don't think so, and if it does, by that time we would have spun this rock 90 degrees so it would not matter in the greater scheme of things, would it?

Where did all the water come from which caused more than one massive mud-flood, wiping out civilization ???

• Like 1

5 hours ago, V M said:

Where did all the water come from which caused more than one massive mud-flood, wiping out civilization ???

Gilgameš's flood? - who really knows.....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Malevolent said:

Gilgameš's flood? - who really knows.....

Science claims that there is at least 2 1/2 times the amount of water that's in the oceans still deep within our planet. I'm certainly no scientist, so how can I argue this point, though that does seem like an excessive amount of water to me. That said, obviously, there is still plenty of water there.

Edited by Cryptic Mole
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

I'm not a flat-earther.

If you were, it could be easier for you to comprehend the idea of catastrophic flooding on a massive scale.

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b105056092/f13.item.r=palais

Note the massive stone buildings from an unknown origin. Look at the people, the mudded streets and look closely at ground level. You will see evidence of many feet of debris from some unknown great flood sometime in the not to far distant past. 

"An average of 6.5 inches of snow falls on Antarctica, and most of that snow falls across the outer portions of the continent. The interior receives as little as 1 inch per year, while the coast often receives yards of snow."

https://www.reference.com/geography/much-snow-falls-antarctica-year-d8d422a99e2c20b5

The rule of thumb is ten inches of snow melts down to one inch of water (so, 1.2 inches to a foot of snow).

So, Antarctica receives less than 1 inch of water per year on average. 

Where is all the water coming from ???

12 minutes ago, V M said:

If you were, it could be easier for you to comprehend the idea of catastrophic flooding on a massive scale.

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b105056092/f13.item.r=palais

Note the massive stone buildings from an unknown origin. Look at the people, the mudded streets and look closely at ground level. You will see evidence of many feet of debris from some unknown great flood sometime in the not to far distant past. 

I can comprehend the same thing on a global earth as well.
There's really no need to convert me because it's not gonna happen!

9 minutes ago, V M said:

Think of it this way. If we really live on a globe, there is not loss or no gain in the amount of water on earth. It must be fixed, otherwise where would this extra water come from that would cause massive flooding.

Water levels change with the inner dynamics of the earth such as rotation and temperature changes within. I'm sure there are many more factors that contribute to this as well. Science knows that there is plenty of water within the earth.

The waters that flooded the earth came from two sources; beneath the earth and from above:

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. Genesis 7:11 KJV

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, V M said:

Waters from above, yes. That theory doesn't work on a spinning globe because the firmament doesn't exist, just the vacuum of space.

Go argue with God, the very creator of this firmament and which was so important that it was even mentioned 3 times in one short verse. Also taking into account that this verse is about the creation and in this particular verse, the creation of the firmament.

You really have no argument!

And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. Genesis 1:7 KJV

Edited by Cryptic Mole