Cinnamon

Nutritional Yeast

Lots of people claim that people who eat vegan can't get vitamin B, but they can and those who eat that way can get it through Nutritional Yeast. You can buy it online, I doubt grocery stores have it.  Health food stores should have it.

It's yellowish in color and has a kind of cheesy taste to it. You can put it on soup, salads etc. I've got some and it's not bad!  Anyway, seeing all the recalls of eggs, meat and the general yuk factor in factory farm raised animals, I'm getting away from animal products more and more and researched the Vitamin B thing. 

Here's some info if anyone is interested:

Nutritional yeast, also known as savory yeast or nooch, is an inactive yeast made from sugarcane and beet molasses. In the scientific form saccharomyces cerevisiae, or sugar-eating fungus, yeast cells use the sugar for energy.

Yellow in color, nutritional yeast comes in flakes, granules or a powder-like form and is often found as a condiment due to its savory taste and health benefits. It has a nutty, cheesy flavor and is often used to emulate cheese in vegan dishes, thicken sauces and dressings, and act as an additional boost in nutrients because it’s filled with B vitamins!

Nutritional yeast is grown from fungi, like benefit-packed mushrooms and cordyceps, but much smaller. Despite it’s name, because it’s an inactive form of yeast, it cannot be used for baking.

https://draxe.com/nutritional-yeast/

I would eat that. It sounds yummy actually.

Meat, though I used to love it, is making me sick if I consume it now. I don't think it is the meat itself, but the buildup of toxin from the roundup grains fed to the animals.

I take a super b vitamin. I've not come across the yeast, but I will look for it at the organic store next time I go.

1 hour ago, Picklesnout said:

I would eat that. It sounds yummy actually.

Meat, though I used to love it, is making me sick if I consume it now. I don't think it is the meat itself, but the buildup of toxin from the roundup grains fed to the animals.

I take a super b vitamin. I've not come across the yeast, but I will look for it at the organic store next time I go.

I have the Now Foods brand and it's the flakes. It was something like 8.00 for 10 oz and it's bulky. It'll last a long time. 

When the wife and I were younger we were poor as church mice and those long hours after a shift were filled with board games and long walks in the woods. My favorite memory is a hard fought Scrabble game (she beat me 9 out of 10 games) with a huge bowl of popcorn with sea salt and nutritional yeast. We got it at a health food store and it was cheap but helped us get nutrients we couldn't get through regular vegan diets. Thanks for that memory.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.