2many secrets

Chinese Spies Engaged in Massive Theft of U.S. Technology

The USA is full of spies. Silicon Valley is crawling with them. ""Indeed, the United States is a spy's paradise," Van Cleave said. "Our free and open society is tailor-made for clandestine operations."

Another movie plot for Doc Evil..

Chinese Spies Engaged in Massive Theft of U.S. Technology

Obama weakened counterintelligence against foreign spies, Congress told

Bill Gertz

Washington Free Beacon | April 12, 2018 5:00 am

BY:

China is engaged in large-scale theft of American research and technology from universities, using spies, students, and researchers as collectors, experts told Congress on Wednesday.

Compounding the technology theft, the administration of President Barack Obama weakened U.S. counterintelligence efforts against foreign spies by curbing national-level counterspy efforts, a former counterintelligence official disclosed during a House hearing.

Michelle Van Cleave, former national counterintelligence executive, said shortly after the creation of the office of the director of national intelligence in 2004, a national counterspy program against foreign spies was restricted during the administration of President George W. Bush.

"Unfortunately, the backsliding continued under President Obama," Van Cleave told two subcommittees of the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee.

Van Cleave said a directive issued by then-DNI James Clapper in 2013 and still in force reduced the national counterintelligence program authority by directing all counterspy programs to be run by individual departments or agencies.

"The national head of counterintelligence was rebranded director of a security and CI center, his duties further dissipated by the fixation on leaks and insider threats driven by the grievous harm done by Snowden, Manning, et al," Van Cleave said, referring to intelligence leakers Edward Snowden, an NSA contractor, and Army Sgt. Bradley Manning.

"Gone was any dedicated strategic [counterintelligence] program, while elite pockets of proactive capabilities died of neglect," she said.

"Read between the lines of existing CI guidance and you will not find a whiff of a national-level effort left, other than caretaker duties such as taking inventory and writing reports."

Several intelligence and security experts testified during the hearing that China poses the most significant threat of technology theft from an estimated $510 billion spent annually on U.S. research and development.

"China has a government-directed, multi-faceted secret program whose primary task is technology acquisition, as well as a highly refined strategy to develop and exploit access to advantageous information through the global telecommunications infrastructure," Van Cleave said.

Along with Russian intelligence agents, Chinese technology spies have developed specific lists of technology for theft. Beijing uses clandestine agents, front companies, and joint research ventures in the theft program.

"Indeed, the United States is a spy's paradise," Van Cleave said. "Our free and open society is tailor-made for clandestine operations."

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/chinese-spies-engaged-massive-theft-u-s-technology/

3 hours ago, 2many secrets said:

"Indeed, the United States is a spy's paradise," Van Cleave said. "Our free and open society is tailor-made for clandestine operations."

I believe a significant amount of oil & gas industry IP has been siphoned off here in Canada. I personally observed a Chinese "exchange" engineer in action. He did not have the basic math & science knowledge of  any 1st year university student, but was attempting to pass himself off as an experienced electrical eng. His general tactic was to hid behind language barriers and play dumb.  When he was winding up his exchange work term I noticed him copying  a massive amount of DVDs with technical info on the sour gas plant and co-generation facilities where we worked. I escalated this breach thru the management chain and the engineering director (who was chinese) turned ME into the bad guy and did nothing!!!!  I left that poisoned workplace within 6 weeks.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CDN Eh Hole said:

I believe a significant amount of oil & gas industry IP has been siphoned off here in Canada. I personally observed a Chinese "exchange" engineer in action. He did not have the basic math & science knowledge of  any 1st year university student, but was attempting to pass himself off as an experienced electrical eng. His general tactic was to hid behind language barriers and play dumb.  When he was winding up his exchange work term I noticed him copying  a massive amount of DVDs with technical info on the sour gas plant and co-generation facilities where we worked. I escalated this breach thru the management chain and the engineering director (who was chinese) turned ME into the bad guy and did nothing!!!!  I left that poisoned workplace within 6 weeks.

Oh dad was a electrical engineer and very very good at math...

Dads people skills were very bad...

If he had good people skills I think he would have traveled the world...

I think foreign governments would call on him if he was better with people...

1 hour ago, CDN Eh Hole said:

I don't doubt this our university's are full of them they get priority over locals because they pay more.My kids on wait list because of this I emailed my mp asked him why I should pay taxes for foreign students education?Crickets :pouty-smiley-emoticon:

37 minutes ago, Sagd said:

I don't doubt this our university's are full of them they get priority over locals because they pay more.My kids on wait list because of this I emailed my mp asked him why I should pay taxes for foreign students education?Crickets :pouty-smiley-emoticon:

It's a huge problem with the California University System. Kids with a 4.0, who's parents have paid huge school taxes for the student's lifetime, can't get into the university system. Foreign and out of state students pay a premium tuition. It's another government F job on California tax payers.

• Angry 1

Not much left to steal after Bubba Clinton gave them everything we had !  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clinton-foundation-scandal-echoes-clinton-china-controversy-from-1998

This may be the greatest scandal in 50  years of American history.   It makes Watergate look like a jay walking charge.  It makes the Iran-Contra affair look like a small time operation. This is what House Republicans should have Impeached Bill Clinton for instead of lying about a White House Intern giving him head in the Oval Office. It’s called treason.  https://stonecoldtruth.com/bill-clinton-selling-us-security/

An unnamed “senior aide” to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton left classified information unsecured and unattended in a hotel room during a 2010 trip to China, one of several overseas lapses by Clinton’s inner circle  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/31/clinton-aide-left-classified-info-behind-on-2010-china-trip.html

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.