desert.desolation

Prednisone Nightmare..

Posted (edited)

pinched a nerve in my back  so my dr put me on 50mg for 5 days.. Took my last one yesterday and am now experiencing full on withdrawals with severe mood swings super fun times.. Prednisone is like making a deal with the devil.. Sure it helps but when your done with its pretty much welcome to hell... If your dr trys to give it to you ask for something else as prednisone should only ever be a last resort.. if u can spare a prayer please pray for the prince of peace to cover me while i withdraw from this poison and that it ends quickly.. That aside have any of u had a bad experience with prednisone? 

Edited by desert.desolation

Dunno what they gave me after my shoulder surgery, but while I was on it I've never been happier or felt more loved in my entire life. It was all bunnies and sunshine and fluffy white clouds of pure joy.

The other side of that was cold, devils and pitchforks. I spent a couple days on the floor wrapped in a comforter shivering, but all was well after that. For humans who cannot take discomfort, I can see how they get addicted. You would do almost anything to stop the devils. The best way out is through the gauntlet. Know you don't walk alone. Where you go, He goes.

I will pray for you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

Dunno what they gave me after my shoulder surgery, but while I was on it I've never been happier or felt more loved in my entire life. It was all bunnies and sunshine and fluffy white clouds of pure joy.

The other side of that was cold, devils and pitchforks. I spent a couple days on the floor wrapped in a comforter shivering, but all was well after that. For humans who cannot take discomfort, I can see how they get addicted. You would do almost anything to stop the devils. The best way out is through the gauntlet. Know you don't walk alone. Where you go, He goes.

I will pray for you.

Probably oxycodone.. i got some when i broke my foot ended up flushing most of it as i started liking it to much .. it was not near as bad getting off of as this round of prednisone has been at least for me though. Prednisone does something to the andrenal gland and stopping it cold turkey sends it into shock kinda. i knew better but i listened to the dr instead of my self bad idea.. Anyway many thanks for the prayers they are greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, desert.desolation said:

pinched a nerve in my back  so my dr put me on 50mg for 5 days.. Took my last one yesterday and am now experiencing full on withdrawals with severe mood swings super fun times.. Prednisone is like making a deal with the devil.. Sure it helps but when your done with its pretty much welcome to hell... If your dr trys to give it to you ask for something else as prednisone should only ever be a last resort.. if u can spare a prayer please pray for the prince of peace to cover me while i withdraw from this poison and that it ends quickly.. That aside have any of u had a bad experience with prednisone? 

Greetings!

This works for Us.

Fill Bathtub with the Hottest Water You can handle.
Careful and don't soft-boil yourself.
:gsbrnint:

Then dissolve as much "Epsom Salt" as possible in the water.

Lie Flat on your Back in the solution.

Place your feet so that your hip and knee joints are making 90 degree angles.

Relax and wait for the "Pop".

P.S.
I am not a Doctor.
I do not play as One on TV.

I did Not sleep at a Holiday Inn Express Last Night.

I do practice this as necessary.

Enjoy.
Love,
@Uncle Thanky

• Like 1

Superkicker

I only use prednisone when my dogs have chronic problems. It always works!!!

Didn't the doctor prescribe the "coming down" dosage schedule? 30mg for 5 days, 20 mg for 5 days, 10 mg for 5 days. It is dangerous to go from 30-50mg of Prednisone for a period of time then stop cold the next day.

1 hour ago, Moosupian said:

Didn't the doctor prescribe the "coming down" dosage schedule? 30mg for 5 days, 20 mg for 5 days, 10 mg for 5 days. It is dangerous to go from 30-50mg of Prednisone for a period of time then stop cold the next day.

nope just 50mg for 5 days

• WTF 1

4 hours ago, Superkicker said:

I only use prednisone when my dogs have chronic problems. It always works!!!

oh it does indeed work.. as for me “the devil meant evil against me, but God meant it for good” Am already doing better only really have a slight headache #checkmate prednisone.. thank god for the blood!

4 hours ago, desert.desolation said:

nope just 50mg for 5 days

Well your doctor probably screwed up.  Do your own research.  Dosage is always supposed to be tapered down so you don't lose your mind.  Even when tapered it is my understanding that it will mess with your mind a bit.

Typically 3 days 50 mg

3 days 40 mg's

3 days 30 mg's

3 days 20 mg's

3 days 10 mg's

3 days 5 mg's

3 days 2.5 mg's

2 minutes ago, God Man said:

Well your doctor probably screwed up.  Do your own research.  Dosage is always supposed to be tapered down so you don't lose your mind.  Even when tapered it is my understanding that it will mess with your mind a bit.

Typically 3 days 50 mg

3 days 40 mg's

3 days 30 mg's

3 days 20 mg's

3 days 10 mg's

3 days 5 mg's

3 days 2.5 mg's

i made them aware of my disappointment in the lack of a proper tapor.. and to not give it again without a sound plan in place.. started today with a 1mg attivan besides sweating i am surviving.. just pissy they put me through this.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, desert.desolation said:

i made them aware of my disappointment in the lack of a proper tapor.. and to not give it again without a sound plan in place.. started today with a 1mg attivan besides sweating i am surviving.. just pissy they put me through this.. 

Well you must be tough as nails!  Hang in there.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.