Cinnamon

Report: March For Our Lives Crowd Count Well Below Expected And Initial Reports

Pufferfish....

Around 200,000 people attended the March For Our Lives gun control event in Washington, D.C. Saturday afternoon, CBS Newsreported.

The number is well below the 500,000 number organizers of the event expected and 600,000 less than initially reported by many news outlets immediately following the celebrity-fueled march and rally. The march took place between noon and 3 p.m. on Pennsylvania Avenue between 3rd Street NW and 12th Street NW.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/25/report-march-for-our-lives-crowd-count-low/

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

Pufferfish....

Around 200,000 people attended the March For Our Lives gun control event in Washington, D.C. Saturday afternoon, CBS Newsreported.

The number is well below the 500,000 number organizers of the event expected and 600,000 less than initially reported by many news outlets immediately following the celebrity-fueled march and rally. The march took place between noon and 3 p.m. on Pennsylvania Avenue between 3rd Street NW and 12th Street NW.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/25/report-march-for-our-lives-crowd-count-low/

There's 3 million+ dedicated hunters in this country. Mebbe they needs to rethink this. Oh well, they's not so good at maffs, apparently. Les see now... 200K against 3 million.

I think a small group of agitators are going to get a bunch of people killed who have no idea what they just stepped off in. It's not anything like movies and video games.

March for Our Lives DC Crowd Smaller than Organizers' Estimates, Imaging Company Says

Organizers of the March for Our Lives demonstration in Washington, D.C. claimed Sunday that some 850,000 people attended the pro-gun control event, but an imaging company said the turnout was much less.

Virginia-based Digital Design & Imaging Service Inc., which uses aerial photos to calculate crowd sizes, reported the event’s peak crowd size was at 202,796 people around 1 p.m., CBS News reported.The firm said the number's margin of error is 15 percent.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/25/march-our-lives-dc-crowd-smaller-organizers-estimates-imaging-company-says

I looked at a few vids just to see if I could see a crowd size and I didn't think even 200,000 showed up. The place was empty to me. And all I could find were vids on the ground level to see the size of the crowd. The crowd was thin. And unlike other speeches at other marches, they did not pan the crowd at the speeches. Why not? They scan the crowd at other speeches so people can see how many people there are listening to them screech out talking points. But not this one. And the stage area looked like not that many people were interested. 

I bet they went for the concerts. Miley Cyrus and a few singers and movie stars were all up in this mess. I don't really like Miley, that's probably why I remembered she was involved. As a prude, she is not on my 'like' list. I do not like her music either. I used to like her when she played Hannah Montana. I had a kid that watched her and was a fan back then. I bought her clothes line for the kid until she grew out of it. And I am so so so so so glad she grew out of it. I would hate to see what type of clothes she is putting out now. I can hear it now, "You ain't wearing that out in public with me!!! Go put some clothes on. NOW!!!" :girl-says-no-no-smiley-emoticon:  She brought down a short shirt, expensive thing, and she tried to say you wore leggings under it but she didn't bring down any leggings (she lived with her Mom and we got her in the summertime for 6 weeks or so). Her Dad was livid and he threw that expensive skirt away. Told her she wasn't wearing that and showing her butt to people. Not happening. Yes, I guess we are both prudes. :gsbrnint:  But we couldn't have some pervert looking at her ya know. And that was asking for it to us. See? This is what I think of that kid, Miley. Sad it is, just sad.... She turned into an X-rated tramp. Sad. And no kid of ours is going to be a tramp. Just not happening if we know of it. And I don't care what age they are, I will still snatch them up and tell them what I think about that. Will they listen is something else but I will tell them what I think about it anyway and hope they take my advice. Kids.... what can ya do with them? Nothing. They have their own minds and thoughts and I wonder where they get them from sometimes. My poor parents. They had it rough with me as I had my own mind and my Mom, although I didn't realize it, used a whole lot of reverse psychology on me and that worked rather well for her. Dang it. I was so used. :gsbrnint:

But yes..... For all the people that forked out money..... This was a very, very small crowd... And the NRA is gaining membership as we speak. :gsbrnint:  

On a side note, my SIL works for the Forestry people. He is trying to get a different job with them. One that convinces people to hunt and fish, especially the ones that had a license and no longer do. Come to find out, hunting and fishing is not as popular as it needs to be. The hunters keep the deer and other animals from overpopulation and starving. So you guys are slacking off of teaching the youngun's how to hunt them deer. Get on the ball guys. Deer, rabbit, squirrel, all good eating. And yes, I tried getting the hubby to go get me a deer. He did at one time but he quit. Our boy is not interested. Our SIL is and does go hunting though, deer and coyote. And got a couple local boys that hunt rabbits on my place sometimes. I didn't see them this year, probably because of all my cats. Too many cats. 

I want to leave my Dad's gun to someone that hunts. I can not shoot it. Too much kick for me. They do not make them anymore. 30-30 is all I know without digging out the rifle. I think it's a Winchester. It's blocked in by stuff I would have to move. It's a good gun though. It's not a cheap gun. My Dad did not do cheap guns. Guess I will carry it around till I die..... Good ole Dad went hunting and fishing. He was a country boy. The hubby uses it to scare off the coyotes. It's got a loud bang to it. And costs me over a $1 a bullet it seems. Expensive fireworks to me at the moment. And doesn't seem to scare off possums either. Dang possums. Got a small 22 pistol that takes them out on my front porch. I feel so bad killing them possums and not eating them but they got to go. They tear up my garbage and I am scared they will hurt my outside cats. The hubby has taken out 3 of them in the last few months. And I mean at point blank range. They don't run and you can walk up to them and shoot them dead. I am scared they got rabies or something. They ain't scared and I live in the country, not the city.... Weird to me... Wild animal not running and in the country? That is not correct behavior to me. Not at all.... 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.