2many secrets

Flat Earth Rocket Man Launches

This should be a fun thread..

Self-taught rocket scientist blasts off into California sky

Pat Graham and Michael Balsamo, Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) — He finally went up — just like the self-taught rocket scientist always pledged he would.

"He came back down in one piece, too — a little dinged up and his steam-powered vessel a little cracked up.

Still, mission accomplished for a guy more daredevil than engineer, who drew more comparisons to the cartoon character Wile E. Coyote from his critics than he did to iconic stunt man Evel Knievel.

"Mad" Mike Hughes, the rocket man who believes the Earth is flat, propelled himself about 1,875 feet into the air Saturday before a hard landing in the Mojave Desert. He told The Associated Press that outside of an aching back he's fine after the launch near Amboy, California."

SNIP

"Hughes often sparred with his critics on social media leading up to the launch, through Facebook comments and a 12-minute video addressed to his doubters. He's always maintained that his mission isn't to prove the Earth is flat."

"Do I believe the Earth is shaped like a Frisbee? I believe it is," he said. "Do I know for sure? No. That's why I want to go up in space."

https://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Self-taught-rocket-scientist-propels-himself-12779293.php

apache54    6,061
11 minutes ago, 2many secrets said:

This guy would make a great neighbor. I'll bet he's a lot of fun..

as long as your out of the explosion ring!! LOL

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, apache54 said:

as long as your out of the explosion ring!! LOL

I just imagine going over with a couple of beers in the evenings to check the progress on the "vehicle". I had neighbors who built some fast cars, stuff like that. But, no Rocket Men! Looks like he knew what he was doing.. made it up and back and is talking about it.

apache54    6,061
29 minutes ago, 2many secrets said:

I just imagine going over with a couple of beers in the evenings to check the progress on the "vehicle". I had neighbors who built some fast cars, stuff like that. But, no Rocket Men! Looks like he knew what he was doing.. made it up and back and is talking about it.

Agreed!!

thoth    372

Roflmfao 

hell have to go just a little farther to prove his point 

:facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

Full Throttle    2,098

Mad Man!!!!  Gotta give the guy some kudos.   Said he was gonna launch, and launch he did.  I was gonna snip a piece from the link but after 8 min's now and so far 98 ads blocked the site is still loading!!!!  

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, September said:

So is the earth flat or not?

I think ya gotta ask "Mad Mike".

And, Mike said, "Do I believe the Earth is shaped like a Frisbee? I believe it is," he said. "Do I know for sure? No. That's why I want to go up in space."

Frisbees aren't flat, they are convex, concave in shape. But, flat enough.

Edited by 2many secrets

Cryptic Mole    5,182

He only went 1,875 feet high? Whats he gonna see? He could have just as easily gone up into the 2,717 foot tall Burj Khalifa building in Dubai and which is the tallest building since 2008. That would have been 842 feet higher than his flight. lol.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.