Ukshep

Here It Comes: China About to Unleash "Tens of Billions" More In Tariffs

More importantly, he explained the confusion over the "disproportionate" $3 billion response, noting that "Friday's plan to impose $3b tariffs is simply to retaliate to tariffs on steel and aluminum products", i.e. a response to the previous, Section 232 round of tariffs, and has nothing to do with the latest round of $50 billion in Section 301 tariffs.

Instead, Hu warns that "China's retaliation lists against the 301 investigation will target US products worth $ tens of billions. It is in the making."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-23/here-it-comes-china-about-launch-tens-billions-more-tariffs

Oh boy! So the 3bn is nothing compared to what is coming. Oh well then. Did we expect any different. We're at the stage in the game were we see pushing and a little shoving!

I don't need their trash from China. Sick of everything breaking before I can get it out of the damn package. Inferior trash with planned obsolescence built right in and no oversight for poisons used in the manufacturing process. 

I sure don't want any food from over there, I can find food here. 

Clinton and Old Bush first sold us out with trade agreements and America has suffered ever since that time with loss of jobs and no manufacturing base. 

Most of the crap they send here is useless junk no one needs. Let them launch tariffs on us. How much can poor Chinese people buy that is made in America? I can hardly afford to buy what's got a U.S. Label on it because it costs a fortune, but it does last forever.  

Who are they kidding? We buy so much of their junk that they will be dead in the water without Americans buying their trash. 

Exactly what is it they are importing from the U.S. that can destroy us anymore than our own government policy, treaties are already doing? 

They're all working together. When China got permission to buy the biggest pork producer in America, that told the tale. And they've bought up a ton of other businesses that I consider a matter of national security and so has Saudi Arabia.

When the shtf here over all of this, is when people will need their guns. And what does the government do? Try to take them, that's what.

If they are not all in this together, what are they doing? 

56 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

When China got permission to buy the biggest pork producer in America, that told the tale. And they've bought up a ton of other businesses that I consider a matter of national security and so has Saudi Arabia.

I find it interesting that someone is willing to buy stuff that has to stay in the country of origin that is not their country. Very interesting. That stuff can be taken away by a foreign government where the stuff is located at and there is not really any recourse to it. They can talk all they want about an international court and all that jazz but all I see is those people making recommendations or suggestions to the countries they tell to do stuff and rule against. China still has their little islands they built don't they? Not to many people seem to listen to those judgements handed down unless they want to. Useless.... 

I don't understand how people trust their own country much less one they are not a citizen of. When you buy something in another country, you need to be willing to lose your investment. It can and does happen. And the international community can not do anything about it right now. Eventually, that will change. But not today. And if you, as a country, are going to do something, it's called war. ;) 

China started this trade war. The USA is tired of losing it is all. I am happy about these tariffs and having lived under tariffs before, it's not something that is new. China can stand on it's own legs now and they need to be cut off. They were just forced to let their currency float a few years ago. They had it pegged to the dollar and not in our favor. China knows which way the wind is blowing. And they unpegged their dollar even if they didn't want to or like it. Happened anyway. The USA is not the bad guy in this trade war. The Chinese are. It's time they got it together and play the game right. I don't care if Chinese trade is abandoned by the USA. That sure would make a whole lot of other, poorer countries very happy wouldn't it? 

China is doing what the illegals did to the USA construction market. They are running everyone else out of town because they are bidding so low that no one can compete with them. It ruins business and lives. But hey, we can let China continue to screw us and not use any lube. Now-a-days, people seem to get into that rough sex. I am prude so don't ask me about that junk, I know nothing about it. I prefer pleasure, not pain but I am digressing here. Back to the subject at hand. China and how it's screwing the USA and how it's doing it intentionally. And we allowed it to get this far down the road so now... The further down the road it goes, the more it's going to take to pull it back and the more it's going to hurt. Might as well get it over with now before we crash and burn and people start to ask, "how did this happen?" It happened because we gave away everything and accepted stinky shit in return. :gumface:

http://www.industryweek.com/trade/it-time-stand-china

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/20/world-trade-rules-too-weak-to-stop-china-distorting-market-us

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-trade/u-s-business-groups-say-wto-unable-to-curb-many-chinese-trade-practices-idUSKBN1C92UL

This article is behind a pay wall. I would love to read it but I can not pay for all the pay walls I want to go behind. And most of them I do not find interesting enough to read the entire publication so find I waste my money. But sometimes, I really would like to get behind those walls. ;)  This is one of them times. But oh well, in case anyone can get behind it, here's the link. Post some relevant parts of it. ;) Wall Street Journal article.  https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-started-the-trade-war-not-trump-1521797401

4 minutes ago, sybdragon said:

I find it interesting that someone is willing to buy stuff that has to stay in the country of origin that is not their country. Very interesting.

It is very interesting. In the event of war, what happens? They try to breach our borders to hold their businesses? Something stinks bad here and it's not just a pig farm! 

22 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

It is very interesting. In the event of war, what happens? They try to breach our borders to hold their businesses? Something stinks bad here and it's not just a pig farm! 

I do hear rumors that the Chinese businessmen and stuff are all spies. They are sent in and coached by the government and as China is very controlled. These businessmen are very controlled too. They can not just invest in another country if they want to. I hear tell, they must have permission from the Chinese government/party. 

I hear rumors that when China is building up Africa, the Africans thought that they were going to bring in jobs for the locals and they have found that the Chinese bring in their own workers and hiring the local workers is not really their purpose and they do not see any reason to do that. They even import their own laborers for the jobs. And they charge the country interest on the loan that they basically paid themselves back to build it and employed some of their populace. I hear rumors that the government has to keep people employed because they have become used to a certain style of living now or some such junk. Who knows? I see vids and read stories so I hear rumors of it. 

Africa is forecasted to become middle class by 2030. Of course, this is with China's help. That new silk road and all. Russia has found out that that silk road is not what they thought it was going to be. They are disillusioned with it some now. And India is trying to make their own 'pearl' shipping lanes with bases and ports and stuff around that part of the ocean. China and India are going to clash. When? Don't know but they both are very populated and both need to keep their population fed and watered. They are going to clash. The USA and Russia want to stay out of this clash but we shall see.... Who will throw the first punch? China is so sneaky. 

And both India and China are going into Africa. And if as laws in the country that they are working in must be followed, the Chinese has to follow USA law while handling those pigs. And how are they going to put a tariff on their own foodstuff? And the USA could collect an export tax on any pig leaving the USA. ;) After all, they are importing human body parts. Are they mixing it with the pig parts to make sausage? Just a thought.... Note to self: Do not eat Chinese sausage or meat any more. Solvent green stuff. :sick:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.