Ukshep

Trump Plans Expulsion of Russian Envoys Over U.K. Attack

President Donald Trump is preparing to expel dozens of Russian diplomats from the U.S. in response to the nerve-agent poisoning of a former Russian spy in the U.K., two people familiar with the matter said Saturday.

Trump agreed with the recommendation of advisers and the expulsions are likely to be announced on Monday, the people said, though they cautioned that Trump’s decision may not be final. Trump is prepared to act but wants to be sure European allies will take similar steps against Russia before doing so, aides said.

U.S. officials are working through the weekend to develop a coordinated response with the Europeans, one of the people said, after British Prime Minister Theresa May this week rallied support for a tough rebuke.

As early as Monday, a number of European nations also are expected to expel Russian officials, including Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and the Czech Republic. France and Germany backed May’s call for tougher action, though their exact plans are less clear.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-24/trump-said-to-plan-expulsion-of-russian-envoys-over-u-k-attack

Now you see what the stupid theresa may set in motion......

Posted (edited)

"Trump is prepared to act but wants to be sure European allies will take similar steps"

this line is problematic.
for example, both Italian  PM possibles love Putin. (DiMaio and Salvini)

Edited by snowball

Posted (edited)

The  poking the Russian bear continues without missing a beat. How long can this go on? If I didn't have a clear head, I would think someone WANTS to go to war. Or I can hear it now, "Yes, we poisoned the spies and had nothing to gain. Yes, we will give Crimea back to the NATO puppet government. Yes, Syria needs a regime change and we will get out of your way. You are correct. Deal with our ally, Iran, as you see fit. And can we please have your corrupt western banking system installed ASAP?

Edited by BadBrad

Well, I hope he does not.

And if that be the case, please take note that anti-Trump articles from bloomberg based on "people familiar with the matter" are neither rare nor to be trusted.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.