Ukshep

Military laser creates voices out of thin air

The Pentagon has been working on a new non-lethal weapon that can make people hear voices and sounds.

Developed as part of the US military's Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Program (JNLWD), the chilling invention is designed to disperse crowds, quell riots and discourage violence.Those in the firing line

will start to hear words or sounds as if from thin air, making it possible to discourage a riotous mob by, for example, making them believe that they are being fired upon.

Specific individuals can also be manipulated by having them hear a disembodied voice.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/316682/military-laser-creates-voices-out-of-thin-air

... Going public it seems....

• Like 1

disembodied

Sounds promising. Hopefully these weapons-grade voices will have the capacity for greater humor, wit & wisdom than the current thin air voices have demonstrated. Here's to progress!

disembodied

Kind of reminds me of various anecdotes about handing small boys hammers. They just don't build 'em like they used to!

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

Specific individuals can also be manipulated by having them hear a disembodied voice.

At a government workshop some time ago I head someone describe a new tool that was described as the “voice of Allah.” This was said to be a device that would operate at a distance and would deliver a message that only a single person could hear.

The Voice of God Weapon Returns  Wattre's technology, called Hyperspike, is a Guinness Book of World Records winner for "loudest speaker."  While Wattre lost its protest, they've sold units to foreign navies, among other customers; Wattre has also made sales to France for riot control. "Now it’s just a mater of people trying to figure out the best possible usage,"  http://www.thelivingmoon.com/45jack_files/03files/Sonic_Projection.html

Is there any basis to this technology? Well, Holosonic Research Labs and American Technology Corporation both have versions of directed sound, which can allow a single person to hear a message that others around don't hear. DARPA appears to be working on its own sonic projector. Intriguingly, Strategy Page reports that troops are using the Long Range Acoustic Device as a modified Voice of God weapon:  https://www.wired.com/2007/12/the-voice-of-go/

Even more sinister !  USA tested Secret weapons in Iraq  

• Like 1

disembodied

I used to feel a mingled sense of pity and compassion towards those fully committed to a path that only leads to their own demise. But the reality is that too many have fully given themselves over to this path, and often they believe that they are doing good (not understanding the metaphysics of the good) and that they are committed to self-preservation (not understanding the mechanisms of self-destruction). All things rush forward at an ever-alarming speed. Sometimes the only wisdom left to exercise is to step out of the way. There are times where the disease itself is the only cure for the disease. It seems that this time is shaping up as one of those times. Pity? Yes. Compassion? Best saved for those who deserve it.

Be well, truthers. Trying times behind, trying times ahead. (One can only try so much.) That last one is a gratuitous pun.

3 hours ago, disembodied said:

Be well, truthers. Trying times behind, trying times ahead. (One can only try so much.) That last one is a gratuitous pun.

When other people give up. That's when you need to push on... Never let failure be because you gave up. EVER! Our whole world could end as we know it. So give it every ounce. Hold nothing in reserves spiritually.

disembodied
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

When other people give up. That's when you need to push on... Never let failure be because you gave up. EVER! Our whole world could end as we know it. So give it every ounce. Hold nothing in reserves spiritually.

Well, I'm sure you know what you are doing! Each according to their wisdom. There's certainly beauty in that.

25 minutes ago, disembodied said:

Well, I'm sure you know what you are doing! Each according to their wisdom. There's certainly beauty in that.

Got to keep... Standing up.... Blow after blow....

disembodied
14 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Got to keep... Standing up.... Blow after blow....

You're certainly free to characterize my previous comments however you like. After all, it's your site! As I've said, each according to their own wisdom. I'm sure you know what you're doing. I'm more of a lover than a fighter, myself. Though I've handed plenty of folks their asses in my day, although by necessity rather than disposition. Regardless, my wisdom has suited me for at least twice as many years as the young dude staring out from your avatar picture box has been around for. At least.

But I certainly encourage you to pursue your wisdom. Wholeheartedly. Make the most of your youthful enthusiasm. That's always a recipe for success. So here's to success! Cheers.

4 minutes ago, disembodied said:

You're certainly free to characterize my previous comments however you like. After all, it's your site! As I've said, each according to their own wisdom. I'm sure you know what you're doing. I'm more of a lover than a fighter, myself. Though I've handed plenty of folks their asses in my day, although by necessity rather than disposition. Regardless, my wisdom has suited me for at least twice as many years as the young dude staring out from your avatar picture box has been around for. At least.

But I certainly encourage you to pursue your wisdom. Wholeheartedly. Make the most of your youthful enthusiasm. That's always a recipe for success. So here's to success! Cheers.

That you "Bodiless"??

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.