Cinnamon

Car makers could use this emotional AI to determine if you're too angry or sad to drive

Cinnamon    28,888

<snip>

The company says the system could help prevent drowsy and distracted driving accidents, but it's also just next-level creepy. 

Your car, loaded with the software and cameras, can detect if you're super out of it, falling asleep at the wheel, or too upset or angry to focus on driving. This tech could eventually work with semi-autonomous cars that are triggered into action if you're boiling over with road rage. Essentially, the car would take over if you're determined unfit to safely drive.

The CEO said Affectiva has a database of 6 million faces from 87 countries. The company's emotional machine learning is mostly used for ads and media, but now Affectiva is working on improving its system for driving. 

https://mashable.com/2018/03/21/emotional-artificial-intelligence-affectiva-cars/#RinU5KH9TmqW

• Haha 1

Picklesnout    1,394

oh, I would be raging alright, just as soon as that car presumed to tell me when I can and cannot drive. I could see this becoming a life threatening issue in a case of domestic abuse as well, with an upset person unable to drive away.

• Like 2

phxsparks    1,584
2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

<snip>

The company says the system could help prevent drowsy and distracted driving accidents, but it's also just next-level creepy. 

Your car, loaded with the software and cameras, can detect if you're super out of it, falling asleep at the wheel, or too upset or angry to focus on driving. This tech could eventually work with semi-autonomous cars that are triggered into action if you're boiling over with road rage. Essentially, the car would take over if you're determined unfit to safely drive.

The CEO said Affectiva has a database of 6 million faces from 87 countries. The company's emotional machine learning is mostly used for ads and media, but now Affectiva is working on improving its system for driving. 

https://mashable.com/2018/03/21/emotional-artificial-intelligence-affectiva-cars/#RinU5KH9TmqW

My ex-wife used to get pissed off and then she would immediately want to get in the car and drive anywhere. 

It was bizarre and she was dangerous.  She still is.

Martin    266
2 hours ago, Picklesnout said:

oh, I would be raging alright, just as soon as that car presumed to tell me when I can and cannot drive. I could see this becoming a life threatening issue in a case of domestic abuse as well, with an upset person unable to drive away.

Yep. It's like the CLOUD act which is designed to "protect" people by restricting their ability to meet in real life and pushing them further into all kinds of negative actions, ruining their own and/or other people's lives.

Every "protection" these days is designed the same way. 

It's like cops shooting someone who threatens a suicide. 

All these "solutions" further boost the problem they are supposed to "fix".

Siriusly    387

So how will the AI react when a husband needs to rush his wife in labor to the hospital.

"I'm sorry - you do not seem calm enough to drive".

OVERRIDE! OVERRIDE! OVERRIDE!

"No need to get emotional - do you want me to call for assistance?"

It's 2001 a Space Odyssey all over again with Dave ordering Hal to open the cargo bay doors.

• Like 1

hunter    105

What happens when I have a severe injury and need to drive myself to the ER. Done that several times before 

• Like 1

markovian    207

i almost had my car towed to the dessert so i could burn it over a bad timed fule pump ... tell me i cant drive ill be getting the magnets out going wheres that ai at

BubbitoBurrito    1,188

Guess I'll be walking, riding a bike, or taking the bus then. If this spastic Gemini ----> (me :)) <---- got into one of those "sensing cars" the POS would experience my overwhelming energy/nuttiness, which in turn would trigger the 'F' it' code, and cause it to self-destruct :nukeanimated:

I've said something similar in another [smart car (per se)] post on here before - lol

I'd rather be the one in control; Thank you ;)

Seeker22    838
14 hours ago, Picklesnout said:

Been there. Done that. Very lucky to tell about it. These people don't really think well do they? Oh well, who has the bux to waste on a brand new car? Not me.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.