Full Throttle

Tea Advice Please.

Full Throttle    2,070

I would like to know what kind of Tea has the most caffeine content. I'm getting away from coffee and also caffeine pills. I am experiencing major  headache's during this and need some caffeine to help with the withdraw.  So far Lipton tea bags steep in hot water is helping. Not enough though.

Is their something more powerful in the tea dept?  Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Ukshep    25,406
11 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

I would like to know what kind of Tea has the most caffeine content. I'm getting away from coffee and also caffeine pills. I am experiencing major  headache's during this and need some caffeine to help with the withdraw.  So far Lipton tea bags steep in hot water is helping. Not enough though.

Is their something more powerful in the tea dept?  Any help or advice will be appreciated.

As far as I'm aware. Any old black tea will do for high caffeine, Once you start going off into different types you lose it. However blend of tea is also a factor.

I would suggest getting a light chamomile tea also. This will really chill you the f**k out if you are craving caffeine. I switch between normal tea green tea and chamomile depending on mood or feeling. :)

But I have these handy too

https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Tea-2-Pack-Caffeine-Sachets/dp/B01BEOV9EQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

For when I need a kick as it's about the same caffeine as a coffee. But I drink less of them as time goes on.

Maybe this helps. I dunno!

• Like 1

God Man    1,186
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Full Throttle said:

Why are you moving away from coffee for caffeine consumption?  I am just curious.  I don't like how coffee makes me feel so I rarely drink it, but I do drink espresso.  While coffee and espresso can both be created from the same bean, the end product is very different.  I have heard there are many benefits to drinking tea, especially green tea, but it would be hard for me to give up espresso.

Edited by God Man
  • Like 1

Full Throttle    2,070
30 minutes ago, God Man said:

Why are you moving away from coffee for caffeine consumption?  I am just curious.  I don't like how coffee makes me feel so I rarely drink it, but I do drink espresso.  While coffee and espresso can both be created from the same bean, the end product is very different.  I have heard there are many benefits to drinking tea, especially green tea, but it would be hard for me to give up espresso.

I'm actually trying to wean myself off of caffeine completely.  Right now I am in the headache stage of withdraw.  Bad headaches, and I don't really want  any more coffee anyway. What I need is some high caffeine tea to drink cold.  just a cup or two at a time to ease the headache's.  Until I can just quit caffeine completely.  

Ukshep    25,406
34 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

I'm actually trying to wean myself off of caffeine completely.  Right now I am in the headache stage of withdraw.  Bad headaches, and I don't really want  any more coffee anyway. What I need is some high caffeine tea to drink cold.  just a cup or two at a time to ease the headache's.  Until I can just quit caffeine completely.  

The chamomile will really help with that :) Gives you a nice mellow buzz too...

• Like 1

Full Throttle    2,070
2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

The chamomile will really help with that :) Gives you a nice mellow buzz too...

Ok, i'm taking a trip to the store tomorrow and will pick some up.  Plus some black tea also.

• Like 1

silversides    243
Posted (edited)

Indian dark tea...

Boil hot water...

Put tea in tea pot...

Pour hot water in...

Put strainer into the cup....

Pour tea through strainer...

Edited by silversides
  • Like 1

God Man    1,186
2 hours ago, Full Throttle said:

Is caffeine bad for you?  Is that why you want to quit?  It is sort of drug  addiction I suppose, I only drink in the morning myself.  Espresso has some health benefits to it I believe but not as good as green teat probably.

• Like 1

Full Throttle    2,070
2 hours ago, John Galt said:

Yerba mate, matcha green (works really well-theonine), or guayasa work too.

Sounds Good.  I appreciate the input.

1 hour ago, silversides said:

Indian dark tea...

Boil hot water...

Put tea in tea pot...

Pour hot water in...

Put strainer into the cup....

Pour tea through strainer...

I'll look for it at the store tomorrow, thanks.

1 hour ago, God Man said:

Is caffeine bad for you?  Is that why you want to quit?  It is sort of drug  addiction I suppose, I only drink in the morning myself.  Espresso has some health benefits to it I believe but not as good as green teat probably.

Not bad for me, just I have become dependent on it and now, without it, I get these pounding headaches. I'm trying to just quit completely or at least slow way down, maybe have a powerful tea twice or three times per day.   

silversides    243
6 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

Sounds Good.  I appreciate the input.

I'll look for it at the store tomorrow, thanks.

Not bad for me, just I have become dependent on it and now, without it, I get these pounding headaches. I'm trying to just quit completely or at least slow way down, maybe have a powerful tea twice or three times per day.   

Good tea comes in a tin can...

-----------------

I think Shep should be in charge of tea advice...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.