Cinnamon

Man Dies After Crashing Vehicle Inside Travis Air Force Base/Car Loaded with propane tanks

A man died after officials said he gained an unauthorized access to the Travis Air Force Base in Solano County with a vehicle which crashed Wednesday evening.

Travis Air Force Base first responders and Fairfield emergency officials responded to the incident near the base's main gate between 6:55 and 7:00 p.m., officials said. 

The driver of the vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Travis Air Force Base's Chief of Media Relations Sarah J. Johnson. There are "no current threats to the base or the community" and the investigation is ongoing, Johnson said.

Air Force Office of Special Investigation and the FBI's Sacramento Field Office are working together to investigate the incident and no other information was immediately available. 

<snip>

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Travis-Air-Force-Base-Incident-477676053.html

Video at link. 

More:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/travis-air-force-base-gate-possible-attack-new-details/

TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. -- A car loaded with propane tanks ran through the main gate at Travis Air Force Base in northern California on Wednesday night. Military personnel ran up to the burning car that exploded in flame after breaching the security gates.

In video posted on an Air Force forum on Facebook, firefighters are seen attempting to put out the flames.

Law enforcement sources say the car carried propane tanks and the driver deliberately ignited the fire. He died inside the car, which drove off the road into a ditch. There are no reports of shots fired during the incident. The driver has been identified by law enforcement but not been named.

Xavier
5 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

People are just snapping it seems. :scary:

I'm sure it's supposed to look that way.

Good thing they can't mind control people!  That would be scary.

Anyone remember that rash of stolen propane tanks in Missouri a while back? And some burner phones that were bought in that area too? Lots of them.  I keep waiting for those tanks to show up somewhere! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xavier said:

I'm sure it's supposed to look that way.

Good thing they can't mind control people!  That would be scary.

...fulltime....yet...lol

Just now, Redlistvet said:

My old base! Yikes

Hasn't there been a lot of weird things going on there at that base lately? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Hasn't there been a lot of weird things going on there at that base lately? 

Dont know, havent been following it

Edited by Redlistvet

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Anyone remember that rash of stolen propane tanks in Missouri a while back? And some burner phones that were bought in that area too? Lots of them.  I keep waiting for those tanks to show up somewhere! 

Thats a long way to bring propane tanks.  But wouldnt be surprising.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Redlistvet said:

Thats a long way to bring propane tanks.  But wouldnt be surprising.

It is, that just popped into my head because the story before was so odd and they never found any of them. They're out there somewhere.

28 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

holy fukk cinn...you are good..thay was a BIZARRE story

this is what i was thinkin when i origanlly read the propane story

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.