Alluvial

Possible Imminent Dam Failure California Moccasin Creek

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/03/22/dam-break-imminent-on-moccasin-creek-in-tuolumne-county/

TUOLUMNE COUNTY (CBS13) – A flash flood warning has been issued for south central Tuolumne County on Moccasin Creek after the operators of Moccasin Creek Dam reported the dam’s possible failure Thursday afternoon.

CBS 13 in Sacramento reported that the National Weather Service reported at about 2:45 p.m. that the dam’s failure was ‘imminent’ and flood waters would move down Moccasin Creek to Don Pedro Reservoir. As a result, facilities downstream of the dam along the creek, including the Moccasin Point Campground, were evacuated, according to a National Weather Service statement issued Thursday afternoon.

<snip>

• Like 1

Xavier

They are telling the locals it's not going to collapse.  They're taking precautions, but for the most part, they're pretty sure it's gonna hold.  This is just a couple miles from me.  Current Local News is unless it pours again tonight, it should be okay.

2 minutes ago, Xavier said:

They are telling the locals it's not going to collapse.  They're taking precautions, but for the most part, they're pretty sure it's gonna hold.  This is just a couple miles from me.  Current Local News is unless it pours again tonight, it should be okay.

Stay safe Xavier! 

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Stay safe Xavier! 

Same here, Stay safe!!   Report on any changes from local news as well.

Just now, Full Throttle said:

Same here, Stay safe!!   Report on any changes from local news as well.

I only want him to sign up so I can like his posts. :gsbrnint:

Xavier
Just now, Cinnamon said:

Stay safe Xavier! 

Thanks!  People are more concerned with the power outages and roads that have been washed out or covered in mud/rock.  Lots of people at the hotel tonight who cannot get home because every road is closed towards their house.

You stay safe too.

4 minutes ago, Xavier said:

Thanks!  People are more concerned with the power outages and roads that have been washed out or covered in mud/rock.  Lots of people at the hotel tonight who cannot get home because every road is closed towards their house.

You stay safe too.

The rain is here but It's soft and steady where I'm located, just what we need, so it's all good. A night at a hotel might not be so bad as long as nothing else bad happens. :)  And thanks! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I only want him to sign up so I can like his posts. :gsbrnint:

I agree

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.